Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
    Well fellas, my son was drawn for 5 hunts this year! Most excited about the JD Murphree gator hunt 9/16 & 9/17. I have never hunted gators and neither has he. I have plenty of friends with mud boats that I have access too, but will they let them go with you to help out?

Here is the list of hunts if you have any info that would be awesome! Also, why do they give us two permits for each hunt if it is listed as youth only? Just for access to the hunt or each of us gets to hunt?

Nannie Stringfellow gun deer either sex 10/7&8
    Richland Creek WMA gun deer either sex 10/28&29
    Old Sabine Bottom WMA gun deer either sex 12/16&17
    Abilene State Park gun deer either sex 12/9&10
    JD Murphree WMA Gator 9/16&17
    Nannie Stringfellow is a few miles from my house. Make sure to bring skeeter spray or a thermacell.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Nannie Stringfellow is a few miles from my house. Make sure to bring skeeter spray or a thermacell.
      Definitely in the hunting bag at all times! Any deer sightings lately?

Comment

We see deer fairly often, those dates the rut should be over but there may be a few stragglers. It's very wet down here so I'd recommend a 4-wheeler.

Comment

Me and the wife got drawn on the second chance for alligator at JD Murphree. That's my second time to be drawn there in 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Well fellas, my son was drawn for 5 hunts this year! Most excited about the JD Murphree gator hunt 9/16 & 9/17. I have never hunted gators and neither has he. I have plenty of friends with mud boats that I have access too, but will they let them go with you to help out?

Here is the list of hunts if you have any info that would be awesome! Also, why do they give us two permits for each hunt if it is listed as youth only? Just for access to the hunt or each of us gets to hunt?

Nannie Stringfellow gun deer either sex 10/7&8
            Old Sabine Bottom WMA gun deer either sex 12/16&17
            Abilene State Park gun deer either sex 12/9&10
            JD Murphree WMA Gator 9/16&17

Unless they changed it, only the youth get to hunt. My kids got drawn seven times in the 2014 season. I didn't pick up a gun or bow that season and it was one of the most enjoyable season I can remember. Both my kids got their first deer.

Comment

Also, why do they give us two permits for each hunt if it is listed as youth only? Just for access to the hunt or each of us gets to hunt?

The permits are for you and your kid to be on the place and only the kid gets to hunt.
              Do a search for Richland Creek here. You will find a lot of info on the place. I've been several times, but it's been a few years. Lots of deer there.

Comment

My son did the Richland YDE in 2014 and my daughter did the YDM hunt the same year. That's where my daughter shot her first deer. My son missed one.

A tiny little girl that was sitting in front of us during orientation shot a beast. I remember they used to have that picture of her and the deer on the TPWD website.

My son wanted to come in early otherwise I think he would have scored on that hunt. He had to wait for a later hunt at Fairfield to shoot one.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Is there a calendar of draw results?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tpwd draw

Originally posted by j_chaserman1 View Post
                      You pay $3 to throw your name into the hat for a chance at the drawing, if you are drawn you pay $80 or $130 for the permit which allows you on the property during the date and time you are drawn. So basically the $80 is an access or usage fee. You use your own tags unless its the NFS which issues you an antlerless tag.
                      Hope this helps
                      saw your post Chaser & blitz, hoping to get muley hunt maybe aoudad got several points for w.t. m.d. 3 arch, gun md 3 e palo duro 3 keepin fingers xtd BY the way Yea since going on line, there have been apps from every state BUT one like N.H. or Vermont. WOW long odds.GOOD LUCK YA"LL.

Comment

Put in for 25 of 'em .... or $102 worth! Good luck every one!

Comment

Does anyone know why the Youth Management and Doe/Spike hunts haven't drawn yet? Keep checking status for my son and all it says is Application Received. It is way past the deadline and when we didn't get drawn for buck/doe hunts the status immediately went to Pending 2nd draw and then later to Not Selected.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                            Does anyone know why the Youth Management and Doe/Spike hunts haven't drawn yet?
                            Maybe because the drawing isn't till Sept 1 for doe/spike and Sept 15 for Management.
                            That would be my guess!!
                            Last edited by sqiggy; 08-14-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Anyone know if you do get drawn and one of your 3 group members can't go/doesn't pay their fee, are the other 2 of the group still eligible to go if their 2 fees are paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Caneycreek View Post
                                Anyone know if you do get drawn and one of your 3 group members can't go/doesn't pay their fee, are the other 2 of the group still eligible to go if their 2 fees are paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yes, they will still forfeit their preference points, but it won't affect the others who paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X