No announcement yet.

Pedernales Falls SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill your limit. The goal is to thin the herd and get called back for future hunts. If they don't think we are doing a good enough job with population control they will hire professional hunters.

Comment

Great. There must be fun to have more games to chase.

Comment

Thanks for all the info! Guys are getting me excited for this hunt! Never had a shot at an exotic befire, I know the chances are low but any chance is good!

Comment

Ttt...Starting to get ready tonight for this hunt on Tuesday. Only struggle is finding the Aflatoxin free corn. Any last minute suggestions or advice welcome. Excited for my first public land draw hunt!

Comment

Good luck. Can't wait to hear how you do. I was thinking about trying for standby for this one but the park said all spots were filled. You should get some shots at pork and venison.

Comment

Please post pics of stands, game, and successes. Thanks

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

how do u enter for these hunts? On the website?
                  I really want to enter as much as i can to go on one of these state park hunts. My buddy went and they sound like a blast!

Comment

Was a great hunt, was able to take 2 does during 3 sits. Saw a lot of other deer could of limited out earlier if I had wanted too. Meet 3 other TBH'ers while out there as well. Lots of deer out there, saw some hogs as well but always while driving out never in the stand, no exotics either.

To apply just go to.... https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi..._hunt_drawing/

Comment

Great job on the hunt. Not sure I buy into their whole exotic folklore, except for goats and pics.

Comment

While I didn't see any out there, it wouldn't have surprised me either. On the road in there are two high fence ranches, 1 of them I know to contain exotics because driving home I saw a bunch inside the fence. Wouldn't be hard to believe that some may have got out at some point...but also think it would be very rare to have a shot on one.

Comment

Wow, I have been to PSP many times, but never to hunt. That would be cool.

How decent are your chances being picked for these drawn hunts? Any successful bidding tips?

Comment

Congrats. I always enjoy the SP hunts.

Comment

aggie_archer, I think I talked to you during the hunt.
                              I took the same hunt as aggie_archer did. It was a good hunt and I enjoy it very much. Park rangers are very helpful. I shot 2 does in the first evening, so I was able to focus on feral hogs and exotic animals in the second day. Park ranger put me on another spot which may produce more hogs. But, no hogs or exotic were seen in the second day. Saw deer every time I sit. I didn't make the 3rd day hunt. The weather was not cooperated. It was humid, hot, windy. Giant mosquito almost made me to quit in the first afternoon. I brought Thermacell in the next day . Except these, it was a joyful time.

Comment

Some pictures.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X