No announcement yet.

So, who is NOT ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm was ready. Then my hunting area of the lease flooded. Lost 6 cameras & 2 feeders. Now I'm scrambling to get a few thing set up on a friends property in Crockett & my place in Weldon.

Comment

Im ready, but unprepared. Been working everyday on flooded homes and buildings

Comment

Nowhere near ready. This year I'm hunting a place my buddy just bought. I have not even scouted it yet, much less put up stands or feeders. I have continued to shoot regularly throughout the summer so I am prepared, it may be a while before I have something to shoot at

Comment

I had to make a day trip out to get my feeders going in Sabinal. Only got 1-4 going in Bastrop though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I should have been in Nebraska 2 weeks ago but Harvey & Irma have me on hold, can't leave til my home on Miami Beach has power

Comment

I am not ready. Not because of any good reason. Football season just takes too many of my hours and kids are getting older so always on the run.

Comment

All I have left is planting the food plot which is going to happen this weekend. Been more excited about this season than I have been in a few years.

I spent a lot of time with a hinge release this summer and I'm shooting as good as I ever have.

Just need Athens to hurry up and get my new bow to me.

Comment

Im semi ready. Finally got back to the lease to survey the damage this past weekend. Was a lot better than i figured but still a mess. One stand missing a roof and the other on its side with the roof torn off. One feeder with the lid gone and soured corn but not too bad overall. I was one of the luckier ones so I cant complain. Still have plenty to do but ran out of time......

Comment

I'm ready but I picked up a second job and they have me working weekends mainly. May not get to hunt much if at all this year. My dad wants me to ask off for the opening weekend of rifle season. I told him that he may have to hunt a lot by himself this year. He gave me this look of confusion and said "If your not going to go I probably wont go." I said why not, to which he responded with "What if I shoot something what am I suppose to do? I haven't cleaned one since you were 12 or so." All I could do was laugh and tell him maybe this year you get to learn again, so get to watching videos and reading books or something. Lol.

Comment

Everything at the lease is ready, deer seem ready but I might need to shoot my bow...

I shot it in April at turkeys... that counts right?

Comment

I'm not at all ready, haven't shot my bow since last season. Lease is in Victoria and took a major hit from Harvey. Tried to go check on it too soon after the storm and buried my truck. While waiting for help I walked into my newest spot and found that the big blind I built last year was still standing by some miracle, but the feeder is not working for some reason. I was on foot and did not have time to fix anything. Of the 5 feeders I've got out there I only know for sure that one is functioning at this time and it's probably empty. Camp is a mess, tree limbs down everywhere. Trailer needs to be re leveled, lots of mowing needs to be done. Need to get an electrician down there to fix some things... yeah I'm nowhere near ready.

Comment

going this weekend to set up my rifle stand, fill feeders and chase wasp off my bow stands....then im not going back until the second weekend....only weekend im free. 3rd weeknd is my sons birthday and then the 28th we are taking both boys to see Aldean in dallas.......only shot my bow once....5 arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            Me, my bow is in pieces and don't see any openings in weekends to get any of it ready. I'm even probably going to miss opening weekend
                            Dude, whats up with your bow? id be happy to hunt your spot til you are ready

Comment

All I've gotta do is put the final edge on some razorheads, wash my clothes and hang outside, and I'm ready.

Comment

I'm not ready yet thanks to Harvey but plan to be by opening day.

Comment

Working...
                                X