Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berto View Post
    100' hose and a lawn tractor does best for me.. going 4 years strong
    This! You lay out the hose and the tractor follows the hose and turns itself off.

Comment

I have been using these sprinklers since 2011. I was having problems with my well pumping real fine sand/sediment and causing me lots of problems with my sprinklers. Stared using them and it made my life easier. I buy them from a dealer locally called SWISH.

Comment

I use a tractor that's 40+ years old and a homemade metal head in a PVC base, like Rescue1 mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Years ago I reconfigured my backyard (moved fences, put in beds) so the original sprinkler system does not cover efficiently. I know the long term answer is a redesign - moving some heads and adding more but I have never gotten around to it. My backyard is about 1/3 acre and I use this to cover the 15% or so that stays dry otherwise:
          https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Metal.../dp/B0036G6J0U As others have said, all-metal is the key
          I had some of those and they barely lasted a year. They use die cast metal that just doesn’t hold up. As mentioned above, my issue I believe is dissolved sediment.

Comment

Homemade with 1" pvc. Hose attached with mip x f/m hose connector. Standpipe to a raincurtain sprinkler head.
            A double will cover at least 100'.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
              Homemade with 1" pvc. Hose attached with mip x f/m hose connector. Standpipe to a raincurtain sprinkler head.
              A double will cover at least 100'.
              I did this when I lived in Corpus seeing my yard was such an irregular shape. It worked well. I did it in sections that i would piece together in the yard. Almost like a sprinkler system, just not buried. Stored the 10’ sections above my garage door.

Comment

Here's a couple pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to Lowes and get a walking sprinkler. Lay your hose out thru the area you want to water, hook the hose up to the sprinkle and set it over the hose, and it follows the hose while watering. The turning of the two arms works the gears that walk the sprinkler. I own about four of them. Very heavy duty, has two sprinkler arms that spray more of a stream than a spray that can be adjusted to the height you want, and has a stop that you can put over the hose that will automatically shut the sprinkler off. Took a picture with my phone but can't seem to download it on my laptop.

Comment

Double

[ATTACH]920675[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                    X