LeBron’s I Promise School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
    As long as these students’ families don’t have any skin in the game, these programs will continue to fail.
    This has been my experience. There are a few kids that make it through by their own sheer will and determination but the parent(s) sabatoge most of them. It is really unfortunate that so much opportunity for betterment goes to waste. And this goes for kids of all color. Color has nothing to do with crappy parents.
    Last edited by rtp; 08-09-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Well people have also never made claims like “you can tell by his speech that he is brilliant.” Yeah Donald Trump Isn’t the most eloquent speaker, but Lebron doesn’t seem to have much going on up there when he speaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He sounds just like Obama without a teleprompter.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        He sounds just like Obama without a teleprompter.
        Not even close

Comment

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds good and all but what will the curriculum be? I fear it would be indoctrination to hate conservatives. Much like colleges and high schools are today.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
              Sounds good and all but what will the curriculum be? I fear it would be indoctrination to hate conservatives. Much like colleges and high schools are today.
              So a pretty normal public school curriculum

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                So a pretty normal public school curriculum
                A minority celebrity speaks out against a white POTUS, and now that minority celebrity is qualified to head the education agency. 😏😂

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  A minority celebrity speaks out against a white POTUS, and now that minority celebrity is qualified to head the education agency. 😏😂
                  I forgot, he graduated high school. My bad!!

Comment

I have 4 kids - none of them hate conservatives...

Comment

^^^ I’m sure they will once you brain wash them.

Comment

While some of his views man be foolish politically his actions on this topic are phenomenal. While it may be seen as a tax write off, dumb idea etc by some at least he is trying. I spend 5+ years doing a big brother program in East Dallas and can tell you the African American community needs a role model that reminds them to stay with their families, finish school and work hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          My gut says "tax write off"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My thought also

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            ^^^ I’m sure they will once you brain wash them.
                            He has different views as you, that isn't brainwashing. What he just said is the opposite of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              I have 4 kids - none of them hate conservatives...
                              Just give it time. You will have them thinking all f..ked up in no time. I try to read what you spew with understanding but you are all over the board in you mindsets. Some day maybe you will wake up to the realization that your just an out of tune liberal. Then maybe it will be clear to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
                                Just give it time. You will have them thinking all f..ked up in no time. I try to read what you spew with understanding but you are all over the board in you mindsets. Some day maybe you will wake up to the realization that your just an out of tune liberal. Then maybe it will be clear to you.
                                ^^^ nailed it. Ive tried to understand him as well...waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X