Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    ^^^^Link to the hunt in Kerrville??^^^^
    It’s a draw hunt, deadline and hunt have both passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      It’s a draw hunt, deadline and hunt have both passed.
      When dose it run?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
        When dose it run?

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Had a coworker get drawn for the South Llano State Park doe and spike hunt and he killed 11 axis deer.

Comment

Los Rincones also has chance at Axis outside Kerrville...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                I hunted that place hard for months trying to get an axis and never saw one. only pigs and whitetail

Comment

Has anyone hunted fort clark? That seems like a good deal if they have a decent population of axis. Feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                    Fort Clark allows does mostly
                    Look at their trophy fees for the whole story

That’s ridiculous!!! Is it government land or a game ranch.......$1500 trophy fee my @$$!!!!! I can’t believe that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      There are a few places throughout the hill country that do exotic hunts or white tail hunts plus you can pop a exotic if you see one but they are all DRAW HUNTS.

I have been Curious if there are any Military opportunity like Camp Bullis that have the possibility of axis? Heck camp bullis should or should soon have axis I would imagine.
                      Camp Bullis has had axis for at least 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                        Has anyone hunted fort clark? That seems like a good deal if they have a decent population of axis. Feel free to PM me.
                        They have a lot of axis but they don't come into the setups a lot. The residents feed them and the deer know they are being hunted. We've killed one axis doe in twelve sits(between 3 hunters) and only saw another brought in. Those were fully booked days, both rifle and some bowhunters at around 10-12 hunters per day.

Their Facebook posts the success photos.

I found a few places charging 300-350 per axis doe. If you want one, I'd go that route and come out ahead.

Once you add up the total costs with fuel, food, lodging, etc it gets pricey if you live far away. We are in Del Rio, so we are about 25 minutes away and go back and forth for food and bed. If it was further, I'd skip it but it's a decent gamble and change of scenery with the chance at an axis we don't have hunting at home.
                        Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 08-18-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                          All drawn hunts from what I understand. I've heard of people pulling Whitetails and pigs off the walk-in public hunting land, but never an Axis.

As for the draws...

Garner is covered up with them, but I've heard stories that the dude who runs the hunts is a real ***** and regards hunters as a nuisance distraction to "his" high-revenue park, and they'll only let you shoot animals that walk between two marked trees, and etc. Never met the guy myself bc never been drawn for this one. But I've heard more than one person call him.... let's say , impolite.... things.

South Llano is also supposedly pretty covered up with them, but the South Llano exotic hunt is the most difficult one to draw. And they don't do standbys.

Kerr WMA used to have a bunch, but I hear TPWD was trying to kill them off for several years. IDK how successful they were with that.

I think just about any of the other hill country WMAs you'll have a chance (not a GREAT chance, but A chance) for one. Guadalupe, Enchanted Rock, Inks, Government Canyon, Perdenalas, etc
                          Kerr wma is very small but my great grand father said this morning that axis are all in the area and that he imagines they prolly are but he didn't know for sure he worked for parks and wild life as a fish biologist for 25 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chaps812 View Post
                            Kerr WMA, Hillcountry SP, had a few axis. Kerrville Schrieder park is free, has axis and blackbuck, I saw quite a few just didn't come in range.
                            Could u tell me more about these places I might wanna hunt them this year or this coming year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              Could you give me a link or something to website is it public land or private?

Comment

TPWD did not renew lease on Los Rincones anymore. Now it's private land again

Comment

Working...
                                X