• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bow tunin is as complicated as chinese arithmetic

Comment

Perplexed - Tuning thoughts?

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Also I've got to get a longbow that will work for me. I could shoot the Big Jim but could not quiet it enough to suite me. I will get one cut 1/8th past center and hope I can easily get it tuned and quiet.
      There is a long learning curve to this stuff and although it can be humbling when you get it right and it does work it's elating.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

That center cut also affects which arrow works best. On a center cut, the regular diameter like at GT Trad isn’t as true as a small diameter shaft whereas with a past center cut riser, the full diameter may be a truer “aim” (as much as instinctive shooters aim, that is).

I’m with you on saying it’s complicated, but that’s why I never order cut shafts. I like to bareshaft tune from weak to true. It’s just neat and very satisfying to see theoretical things like dynamic spine work in real life.

When I see my arrows fly true, I know it was me that figured it out and made it happen. It’s one of the truly unique things with trad shooting.

It took a while before my form and release was good enough to do it, though.

Comment

New question, what do you do if there is not enough adjustment on the PFF to match them up. I'm almost 10 off still at a -15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
          New question, what do you do if there is not enough adjustment on the PFF to match them up. I'm almost 10 off still at a -15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Something is a miss.
          Don't know what, but definitely something.

One thing I can tell you for sure - if the numbers you are entering are off, the results from the calculator will be wrong, and most of the time it's in the center cut measurement where the mistake is made.

Sometimes it's us entering the wrong number from guessing at it, and sometimes the bow isn't cut to the measurement it is marked or advertised as.

Make sure of your numbers, and that usually means you have to take the measurements yourself.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Rick

Comment

Kick plate thickness and string strand?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              Something is a miss.
              Don't know what, but definitely something.

One thing I can tell you for sure - if the numbers you are entering are off, the results from the calculator will be wrong, and most of the time it's in the center cut measurement where the mistake is made.

Sometimes it's us entering the wrong number from guessing at it, and sometimes the bow isn't cut to the measurement it is marked or advertised as.

Make sure of your numbers, and that usually means you have to take the measurements yourself.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Rick
              Is there a method for measuring center shot, I did a search on Google but coming up empty. Other than verifying the center shot measurement I'm pretty certain the specs I entered are accurate. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it but it's bugging me now.

Comment

Is there a method for measuring center shot, I did a search on Google but coming up empty. Other than verifying the center shot measurement I'm pretty certain the specs I entered are accurate. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it but it's bugging me now.
                Here ya go:

Rick
                Attached Files

Comment

If you do to the following link, then go to the instructions page, you will find a much better picture of the above, and a whole lot more information you might find useful.

Welcome to the new Taylor Telecom! Offering high speed fiber internet connections to rural West-Central Texas!

Rick

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Thank you sir
                      You're quite welcome.

Give me a shout if you need any help.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X