Question for the duck hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    Looks like you could setup on that little island just east of 2. Put a good wall of decoys upwind and setup facing NW. Left to right shots with the sun somewhat at your back. All those directions are assuming that map is true north.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep. That little island would be my choice. Thin strip of land provides some calmer water on one side. I'd set 2 groups of decoys with the island area and me in the center, upwind. It's a good high visibility spot and favorable to shoot them in the face.

Wind and sun are the two big factors. Wind is somewhat flexible, you can shoot them in the side or face. But you cannot shoot into the sun and hit anything.

Hunt it once in that spot, then if you see a spot the ducks want to be in and prefer, start hunting it. Go ahead and get out there and hunt but gather information as you do.

Comment

Depending on how hard the wind is, if it blowing from the north, I'd be between 3&4 on the big point. Go about 15 yards to the north of you with a long wad of decoys going about 50 yards out. Everything lease stack a few in front and pile them up to the south staying close

Comment

[ATTACH]886927[/ATTACH]

Comment

No scale on your image so I'd fill in 1 and 2 w decoys and set up on the point between them

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
            [ATTACH]886927[/ATTACH]
            This. If had to set up some place with out scouting, you can't beat a point with a cross wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              Set up where the birds are. Really. Go scout and set up on them the next day.
              This. Go see where the birds are in the evening and set up there in the morning as long as the wind is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                Most of theme where in 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Water depth.

Comment

Go with where you saw them. They know where they like to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    This. If had to set up some place with out scouting, you can't beat a point with a cross wind.
                    Which is why that island to the east of 2 would be perfect, especially if that's where he saw ducks sitting before.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X