No announcement yet.

"Official" 2016-2017 WT Postcard Hunt Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got me a doe last week. Not telling where neither.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan31086 View Post
      Got me a doe last week. Not telling where neither.

Good job, was covered in deer last two weekends. Now nothing:-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw91 View Post
        I heard in the orientation they were at about a 45% success rate with hunter's. Maybe due to the two weekend a season hunter's that get drawn from way out.
        No doubt, don't know about this year but last year they had multiples from out of state that showed for orientation
        Last edited by bossbowman; 10-30-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear someone is seeing deer. This is my first time getting drawn and I must checking the wrong places because I haven't even seen sign, much less an actual deer. Since folks are seeing them, gives me enough hope to keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCaliBoy View Post
            Glad to hear someone is seeing deer. This is my first time getting drawn and I must checking the wrong places because I haven't even seen sign, much less an actual deer. Since folks are seeing them, gives me enough hope to keep looking.

It's too hot out. They are moving way early/late. If you're not in the right place, you won't see them yet.

Comment

My buddy got one of his does now just needs one more and he will be buck hunting with us. Be careful at the check in station we killed a 3 ft rattlesnake right by the cleaning pole. Never rattled once and we were less than a ft away.

Comment

Anybody know what website they are posting the pictures of some of the deer taken?

Comment

This is it for this year. Search past threads for bucks. Not sure if any have been taken yet this year.

Comment

Heading out in a few hours to get the old climbing stand up. Had a stroke of bad luck, besides getting drawn at standby, but things are settling down, I've got a new bow so I'll be able to hunt the rest of the season. Hopefully I'll be able to get my first doe on my first hunt of the season tomorrow.

Comment

Last guy on our card got his 2nd doe so all of us will be chasing bucks from here on out.

Comment

If you could scare a doe my way, that would be great.

Comment

Hell yea bloodtrailer28 when I heard you screaming at standby I told my partner them boys will kill some deer congrats.

Comment

thanks!

We have got some GOOD deer located just got to get the right wind and catch em slippin. Few of them have moved around since they rubbed their velvet off but we will see wht happens.

Comment

Good luck bloodtrailer! If anyone can get a good one on there it's your bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                                Good luck bloodtrailer! If anyone can get a good one on there it's your bunch!
                                Thanks for the luck and confidence If we do get one it will be a good one. Already passed up a 130 in 10 on Friday but did see an 8 that I would have shot in a heartbeat of he would have come a little closer. I really want to get my dad on a good one this year. He had a streak of bad luck last season that really got to him so trying my best to get him on a stud. Would much rather him get one than me.

Comment

Working...
                                X