Props to Discount Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to Discount Tire

I have been a fan of Discount Tire for quite a while - very professional, great (usually free) service after the sale, etc. But I have had a couple of issues - two separate times I called about tires I needed, was told "in stock" and set up an appointment time. Both times when I arrived, they said they had the wrong tires and I had to come back another day.
    Anyway, I've got 71K on my 50K tires and one keeps losing air, so I thought it was time to replace. I check out their price on line - $150/each. I check around on line and see that Walmart has the same tire at $116.98/each. There is an 'additional costs' window on Walmart's website that states: "This price does not include tire service or disposal fees or any applicable state environmental tax."
    So, on Discount's website, I click the 'I found it lower' tab to see if they will match. I fully expect an email saying, "We can sell the tire for $XX, but our price includes everything - Walmart's has extras that make their price more than quoted."
    However, about five minutes after submitting the lower price, I get a phone call and the guy from Discount says, "We can do that. When do you want to get the tires?"
    So, I've got an appointment for tomorrow to get new tires at $33 off! I'm impressed because I've never thought tires had all that much profit margin in them to start with. (These are Goodyear tires.)

Love me some Discount Tire..........

Comment

I appreciate them more all the time. Top notch organization.

Comment

Got an appointment today for my Taco in fact. Only place I buy tires anymore.

Comment

They do have a lot of wiggle room to work with !

Comment

Agreed. I buy all my tires from them.

Comment

They screwed my daughter on a spare tire issue after they said her 4 vehicle tires were unsafe and sold her new tires. Never take my business to them again.
              Last edited by Walker; 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

There's good stores and bad stores. I've always had pretty good luck with them. I worked at a store for a bit between highschool and college. It was a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  They screwed my daughter on a spre tire issue after they said her 4 vehicle tires were unsafe and sold her new tires. Never take my business to them again.
                  She probably needed new tires. You'd be surprised the kind of tires people roll in on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                    She probably needed new tires. You'd be surprised the kind of tires people roll in on.
                    She did need new tires. ,3 were pretty worn, one was still descent. Her spare, which was on the rear left of truck at the time was old and weather cracked. Well discount mounted 4 new tires and put that old cracked spare back under the truck and disposed of the one descent tire.

Comment

Don't know about all their stores but I've bought at least 5 sets of tires for family vehicles from their Weatherford location. I've never had anything but a great experience. Fast and courteous.

Comment

Great company! I worked for them in college it was one of my favorite jobs. They pay very well, off by 7 and I had every Sunday off. Compared to my previous job at academy I was in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will say upfront that I use Discount Tire exclusively for all my vehicles (six) and I almost always have had a good experience. They even replaced all four tires on my truck for free when I came in for a balance and rotate. The tires had 40K miles on them but, they were oversized and the manager apologized because he said they should never have sold them to me originally.

I did have one store tell me my front tires on my BMW were worn and needed to be replaced. I informed him that another store had just put brand new tires on not six months earlier (<5k miles) and that if they were worn, he could replace them for free. Magically, they were just fine and the tire tech just made a mistake.

Comment

They rotate, balance and fix flats for free even if you didn't buy tires from them. Great company to business with.

Comment

Only place I'll do business with!

Comment

Working...
                              X