Wanting suppressor for hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting suppressor for hunting

So I've been kicking around the idea of a suppressor for some nighttime hog hunting at my new lease. What are you guys using and/or recommend for under 8 bills. I'll be using it on a Remmy 300blk bolt gun and on a 6.8spc AR platform. I do roll my own loads with both cast and j-word pills. I'll be using subs in the 300blkout at 75yds max and supers in the 6.8 at about the same distance. Thanks in advance gents.

Been happy with a AAC 7.62 SD.

Shooting a Ruger American in 300BO with 185gr Amax subs(50yds) and 150gr Winchester Power point supers for 100 yd ranges.
    This has been dropping hogs and Axis for a while now.
    My neighbors nephew shooting the set up I speak of. I am happy with how this suppressor works. Click vid.
    KVID0720 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      Been happy with a AAC 7.62 SD.

Shooting a Ruger American in 300BO with 185gr Amax subs(50yds) and 150gr Winchester Power point supers for 100 yd ranges.
      This has been dropping hogs and Axis for a while now.
      My neighbors nephew shooting the set up I speak of. I am happy with how this suppressor works. Click vid.
      KVID0720 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
      You using hearing protection with subs?

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
        You using hearing protection with subs?
        No sir...Not even with supers. The 220gr 300 BO hit like a brick, but drop way too much at such a short distance.

Comment

I haven’t bought one in a while but i absolutely LOVE my TBAC Ultra 7 .30cal. I also really like my SiCo Omega, which is probably closer to your price range. What type of shooting are you into and planning to do? If you’re a precision shooter and strive for tight groups at 300yds and further, increase your budget and buy something like an Ultra series, that’s built for precision shooting. Suppressors (in my experience) are legacy purchases. If you buy one and it’s not quite good enough for what you want to do, it’s not like you can just sell it off and go upgrade - that’s an expensive and very time consuming proposition! For a few hundred dollars more, you can get a really top of the line can; and many dealers have payment plans that’ll let you buy now with your budget price and pay off the rest during your 9-12 month wait.

Now, if a 1moa group is what you’re happy with and you only shoot out to 300yds and/or you want a can that you can mag-dump repeatedly, you’re going to want to look at a different can (like an Omega) that can be had for less money. That’s precisely what I got the Omega for and I think we’ve dumped like 5 mags in all the years we’ve had it. It’s fine for most of my hunting but I’ll be honest......it doesn’t get NEAR the use the Ultra does; and if I could do it over again I’d get a 2nd Ultra, not the Omega. But, then, precision is what I’m into.

Give it some thought. It’s very hard to just get ONE! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Under 8 bills I'd get the SilencerCo Omega 300 or the DeadAir Sandman Ti. Capitol Armory has the Omega for $720 right now (select the minus $135 option for no QD), and the Sandman Ti for $700.

Comment

Thanks for the input gents. Just curious, but is it worth making your own can or is buying one the best option? Thanks again gents

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                Thanks for the input gents. Just curious, but is it worth making your own can or is buying one the best option? Thanks again gents
                Depends. For 99% of people, no. Because you asked the question, probably no.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Depends. For 99% of people, no. Because you asked the question, probably no.
                  Lol, gotta.

Comment

Quit thinking about doing it and do it! You have about 10 months to think about it after you order it I rarely, if ever, shoot guns without cans.

Comment

Really like my Rugged Razor.

Comment

Omega

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Under 8 bills I'd get the SilencerCo Omega 300 or the DeadAir Sandman Ti. Capitol Armory has the Omega for $720 right now (select the minus $135 option for no QD), and the Sandman Ti for $700.
                          I've got the Sandman Ti on my .300blk and .223 and love it. I just bought the Omega 300 2 days ago. I HIGHLY recommend dealing with Capitol Armory. I'm not sure how they could make it any easier.

Comment

Gonna go visit Capitol and Helotes Tactical to get the ball rolling. Thanks for your input gents.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              Really like my Rugged Razor.
                              I would go this direction if I bought another but my Hybrid has served me well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X