Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What firearm (or bow) did you get your first deer with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In December of 1995, three minutes apart I shot a doe and a slick six with my trusty Winchester featherweight .243.

Comment

.222 when I was 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Remington 700 .270

Comment

Remington Mohawk .222
          Spike
          Coke County, TX

Comment

1903 A3 Springfield 30.06. 11 yrs old back in the 60s.

Comment

Remington 700 in 222. I love that gun. Still Dad's, but I'll be inheriting that gun for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

A Winchester Model 70 in 30/06 in 1965 near Willow City in Gillespie County.

Comment

Pretty sure it was a Sako .243 pre Garcia blonde stock beautiful rifle but it could have been a Sako .244 or .222 lol.

Everyone who was there that morning in 1963 is gone now so I can't ask them. I do remember it was a doe and I was 6 years old but my Dad had so many rifles and we shot most of them pretty regularly, well I've just forgotten which rifle it was.

First deer with a bow was with a Browning Nomad 50# recurve, it was doe in 72 or 73.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    Killed my first with a Remington model 700 222 when I was 12.
                    My daughter(now 14) also killed her first deer/buck when she 8 with the same gun that I used.

That gun means a lot to me. It’s stacked up a lot of critters over the years since I first got it.

Comment

243. Mule deer buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remington 742, 30-06
                        December 11, 1993

Comment

6 point buck. Stevens double barrel side by side 20 gauge w/ #4 buckshot. 12 years old with my Uncle Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remington made Springfield Mauser 03-A3 rebarreled into a .270
                            Still got that rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Mine was 30.06 at 11 years old. Still don't know why my grandpa let me shoot that gun. My neck and shoulder was jacked up for a couple days lol.
                              My first bow kill was with a bear charge 7 years ago!

Comment

H&R single shot 25-06, shot a doe in Kerrville sitting in my dads lap because the windows were too tall for me to shoot out of on my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X