No announcement yet.

Who all holds a record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both unofficial but weighed by tpwd. Would be now #6 (4.25lb) smallmouth bass for San Marcos river, caught it in 2011 I believe. And Would've been #2, almost 81 lb black drum Caught back in 09 on a 6500 ambassador with 12 lb Berkeley big game. Hour and twenty minutes it took to put a hand on the drum. Have paperwork with ceritifred weights for both fish but never sent in. One day maybe get lucky and come close again

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Oldest cold case homicide solved in Texas. Not sure where it stands in the country. 41 years old.
      Wow! That's a heck of a deal there.

I don't know how you do it. I mean just dealing with homicides in general. Not something I could see all the time. Someone's got to do it though and I'd say you're one of the best if not THE best at putting murderers behind bars. 41 years is a long time. Good on you for doing what you do sir.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Both unofficial but weighed by tpwd. Would be now #6 (4.25lb) smallmouth bass for San Marcos river, caught it in 2011 I believe. And Would've been #2, almost 81 lb black drum Caught back in 09 on a 6500 ambassador with 12 lb Berkeley big game. Hour and twenty minutes it took to put a hand on the drum. Have paperwork with ceritifred weights for both fish but never sent in. One day maybe get lucky and come close again
        I'm not much of a fishermen. Not enough of one that I'd probably ever have to worry about catching anything worth weighing. Having said that I don't know much about the whole process you go through to get it verified. Since you have the papers and all that exactly how long can you wait to send that information in?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          I'm not much of a fishermen. Not enough of one that I'd probably ever have to worry about catching anything worth weighing. Having said that I don't know much about the whole process you go through to get it verified. Since you have the papers and all that exactly how long can you wait to send that information in?
          Ya know, I have no clue. I'm sure it's been too long though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Oldest cold case homicide solved in Texas. Not sure where it stands in the country. 41 years old.
            And longest internet elephant hunt in the state of Texas

Comment

Comment

School record for 75m hurdles, at least until someone else ran it....

Member of the world's largest marching band in the mid 80's at Kansas State.

Comment

I still hold the 8th grade 800m track record. My nephew came close when he was in 8th grade. My brother sent me a photo of the record still standing so I'll have to see if I have a copy on another computer.

Since then I've probably broken the most weight gained or most BBQ eaten or something along that line...

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                    Nope, mhbaseball has him beat by a country mile!
                    I think AtTheWall holds that record. But when he did it wasn't many people on here to witness it then. I think he's the reason for at least the first crash!

Comment

Just got my first one approved. Catch and release smallmouth on lake Grapevine. 21" - 4.5 lbs.

Comment

Who all holds a record?

I'll throw one out for my nephew. Graduated highschool last year and finished tied number 2 all time in the state of Texas with stolen bases in a single season. He swiped 61 bags his senior year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by DapperDan; 06-17-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I may have caught the lake record gar at twin Buttes back in 2014 when the lake was at "dead pool". So low it was like shooting fish in a barrel. You could feel your rattle trap bounce off the backs of fish as you retrieved. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. Didn't want to turn it in as I felt like it was cheating with the lake so low. Son caught a couple flatheads then that may have rivaled the record. I see two people turned in fish that month as records. Record or not it was a fun and unique experience. Saw some huge gar, catfish and bass caught then

Comment

Not sure if its a record but it feels like a long one. 48 yrs old, been hunting Texas since I was a kid, literally have killed over 100 whitetails and never broke the 140 mark.

Comment

ok I held the the colo NFAA bowhunter finger field and hunter round records at 505,503 pts for 22 years!
                              I have a SCI bow auodad that I think was about 135 and a near net all time BC elk @ 374,I Just took a free range axis that will be sci top ten but must wait another 20 days for it to dry. looks like about no # 7 or 8..I have won national championships in aerc endurance horse racing(3). cowboy mounted shooting(2) and won finger class in the first NFAA bowhunter class 3d Nationals back in 1983. Ok so I like competition. search me on youtube to see what mounted cowboy shooting is all about.videos from world and national championships..(David Kaden)
                              Last edited by dave kaden; 06-17-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Interesting thread...

I have no way to confirm this but I would be willing to bet I hold the record for most wounded deer recovered with dogs by a woman in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X