2019 F250 death wobble question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 F250 death wobble question

I just bought my brand new Ford F-250 diesel truck 5 weeks ago. It has 4100 miles on it.
    Yesterday getting on beltway 8 here in houston, when I hit 70 the truck shook so bad I thought the front end was gonna come off. I let off the gas and at 45mph it stopped. I was tripping out.

Is that the death wobble or something else?

Truck has 18” rims if that matters and everything is stock.

Sent from my iPhone

Dang. I've got a 17 and haven't experienced that. I would be straight back to the dealer to get everything documented and looked at. Could be a lemon law deal if it keeps up.

Comment

Sure sounds like it. Sucks to hear that, especially on a new vehicle.

Comment

Mine did that and it was a bad tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well crud........ I was hoping on the 17+ death wobble was going to be a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post
            Mine did that and it was a bad tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I have read so far. Seems everything goes back to the tires. Most people said don’t even deal with dealer and just put new tires on.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Man, just reading “death wobble” makes me have anxiety. Experienced that with my Wrangler a few years ago....it’s terrifying!! Good luck with the remedy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                Man, just reading “death wobble” makes me have anxiety. Experienced that with my Wrangler a few years ago....it’s terrifying!! Good luck with the remedy!!!
                X2...not a fun situation

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  Well crud........ I was hoping on the 17+ death wobble was going to be a thing of the past.
                  ^^^^

Comment

had it happen twice on my 2017 with the factory tires. never happened again after I put new tires on it. I think those factory Kevlar tires may be part of the problem.

Comment

Was it a wobble or a bounce? I ask this because my 3500 Dodge Ram started doing the same thing. I had the entire front end rebuilt (140,000 miles) and it still did it. Finally changed the front shocks to Fox shocks and it seems to have cured the problem. I thought mine was wobbling but it was bouncing. Really started having the problem after putting a heavy duty Ranch hand front bumper on it.

Comment

Steering stabilizer shock. Takes three mins to replace.

Comment

My buddy has a 2019 and his did the same thing. He even video'd it while going down I-10 and took if straight to Autonation Ford in Katy where he bought it. The service writer had the Tech come up to watch the video and the first words our of the Techs mouth was, "Yep, thats Death Wobble". They replaced quite a few parts and he hasn't had the issue since. That was back in August.

Comment

Will be more than a tire now, you will need to replace ball joints and anything else damaged from "death wobble". It sucks, had a 06 cummins do this.

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                            That is what I have read so far. Seems everything goes back to the tires. Most people said don’t even deal with dealer and just put new tires on.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Lots to read up on death wobble over on another great forum; www.ford-trucks.com

Death Wobble TSB Info Requested
                              2017+ Super Duty - Death Wobble TSB Info Requested - I have seen reference to a couple of TSB's #18-2268 and #06-2214. I began noticing slight forms of wobble when going over bumps/potholes at 24K miles of my 2017 4WD SWB CC F250 Platty. This past weekend I got the extreme version of Death Wobble where I thought I had...

I hope I never experience on my '08 SuperDuty, but wish you luck resolving yours.
                              Last edited by VanX; 10-10-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X