San Saba River at Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Saba River at Menard

San Saba River at Menard is the highest that it has been and still rising as of 8:00 AM this morning. We didn't get any heavy rain here yesterday but the Ft. McKavett to Eldorado area did. If any of you were thinking of heading west for the weekend, I suggest that you stay home.
    Adios,
    Gary

Good Info, Got word from the 6 mile this morning to not come this way. Many roads are closed and low water crossings impassable.....

Comment

I second this. Our rancher in Sonora told us to take the weekend off, just not worth it.

Comment

Yea. Got word this morning that Waddell ln was impassible

Comment

drivetexas.org

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Gary. Was hoping to make a quick trip Saturday but seeing the road we take to get to our place (2291) has been closed for 3 days, I think it's best to wait a few weeks. I hope that the rain backs off long enough for these creeks and rivers to get back to normal.

Comment

How about San Saba....east of town...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think conditions will improve by Monday afternoon?

I need to get between Menard and Eden and could drop down from Eden if Menard is still a no go .

Comment

You should be able to come through Menard as 83 is going to be open as it has not closed. Problem is they are calling for rain Friday, Saturday and again Monday and next week. County roads are impassible or almost impassible in many areas. The more traffic we get on them, the worse they will be.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
                    Yea. Got word this morning that Waddell ln was impassible
                    We are off Waddell. That’s a lot of water to shut that road down

Comment

Thanks for the information, Gary. We appreciate your good, reliable local info.

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                        We are off Waddell. That’s a lot of water to shut that road down
                        We are actually down silver mine and the landowner flooded his truck out trying to get out. Not sure exactly where he was. Somewhere between there and 190. They pretty much told us don’t bother trying to come this weekend

Comment

We are actually down silver mine and the landowner flooded his truck out trying to get out. Not sure exactly where he was. Somewhere between there and 190. They pretty much told us don’t bother trying to come this weekend
                          That’s crazy. We are towards the back. Road was rough last weekend

Comment

The one place I can think of is between 190 and the first cattle guard was getting really bad and the two spots right before silver mine

Comment

The one place I can think of is between 190 and the first cattle guard was getting really bad and the two spots right before silver mine
                              Front half is definitely the worst part. Back half isn’t as bad

Comment

Working...
                              X