Simple Carne Guisada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Carne Guisada

First let me say, I am NOT a believer in "follow the directions on the label" type products, but this one is worth trying. Fiesta brand Carne Guisada seasoning can be found at any major grocery store and it's simple enough to make at home or at the lease. Just a couple of pounds of your favorite stew meat, whether you like pork, beef, or venison, stew it until fork tender, add seasoning cover and simmer 15 minutes, or just follow the directions on the label. It made a believer out of me. I must admit when I was cooking it last night, I was very skeptical that something this simple could taste anywhere close to good carne guisada should taste like, but boy was I fooled and so will you.

I have been a fan of that stuff for quite a while! A little bit of that stuff, slices of cheddar, sliver of avacado in a tortilla... a little slice of heaven!

Comment

May have to give this a try.

Comment

Good stuff man!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree. Surprised me also that you could get good Carne Guisada from a big name spice rack, but it may me a believer.

Comment

Im going to have to give this a try ...

Comment

I cubed up a couple of potatoes and threw them in when I added the seasoning mix--HMM GOOD

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. I never follow the packages either but I'll give it a go.

Comment

10-4....that stuff is awesome! Use with HB meat for a quick meal. Really hard to believe that something that simple to make taste so authentic.

Comment

good stuff... had some at the lease a few weeks ago...

Comment

Do you add anything else like onions, garlic, tomato, peppers, etc...? I may have to give this a try soon, just want to make sure I do it right.

-Brandon

Sent from my Droid

Comment

Is this a package of seasonings (like taco seasoning packets) or is this in a jar, like fajita seasoning. I can not find either at my local walmart or HEB.

cb

Comment

Have some on the stove for a while now. All the fiesta follow the simple directions spices have been great for me, enchilada, taco, hamburger, fajitas. My wife can even use it.

Comment

Originally posted by temple droptine View Post
                              Is this a package of seasonings (like taco seasoning packets) or is this in a jar, like fajita seasoning. I can not find either at my local walmart or HEB.

cb
                              It's in a jar like the fajita seasoning. I saw it last night at our HEB down here in Taylor and thought no way can that be good but I will give it a try. I have a pot of the Caldo kit that HEB has i nthe meat section on the stove right now.

It sure smells good and hopefully tastes good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X