Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~let the FARM PIGS loose and let's hunt !! Whaaa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
    Same as the “Exotic Ram” hunts around here.

If you have a Black Hawaiian hanging on your wall as you are reading this, I’m talking about you. Lol
    Funny you say that I won a hunt .. I have to say it was a once in a life time deal for me . There is sarcasm in that statement . Its not on my wall either .. but I get where you are coming from .

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      All the haters that would NEVER do something like that, only hunt low fence free range cause they're better than everyone else, and NEVER make a less than perfect shot....

Pig is a pig, might be fresh out of the farmer's pen, but everyone has their own way and means of hunting. End of the day those guys look like they had fun and will be hunting another day.
      Well said. I’m glad he killed it instead of it escaping and coming to where I hunt. Because I would have killed it, added it to the KAP thread, processed and ate it. Heck, I might have even enjoyed it. Then, I would have been picked on by the men who are better hunters than I am. Which would have hurt my feelings and caused me to give up hunting and become an Anti hunter. At which point my friends and family would disown me. I sure am glad I avoided that.

Comment

"Join us next week as we travel to Johanssen's Dairy to hunt wily and dangerous wild bovines!"

Comment

Some sensitive fellas on here as of late...

Comment

Back in the day when it was legal I would catch quite a few hogs and then resell them. You cannot believe some of the things that SOME people who do guided hunts do. I knew of one guy that would have his hunters come in the night before the big hunt. Once the hunters arrived and were settled in for the night they would load up a hog, take it out to where they were going to hunt, shoot it between the front toes on both front feet with a .22, and then turn it out. As you can imagine the hog did not travel far. Another had a small pen built out in the woods. He would take his hunter out. The dogs would tear out to the pen. A worker of his was there and when he would see the dogs coming he would turn out the hog. The dogs would normally get bayed fairly quick. The hunter would kill it and think they had a real hunt.

-john

Comment

I don't mind that they hunted this pig. To each his/her own. The part that made me laugh was when they were talking about it "coming at them" It was obviously a pet pig. I've never seen a boar that size that takes an arrow and sticks around for a second and 3rd shot. Wild boar that big are generally very smart and nocturnal. Again, that's fine, good eating, and best of all.......BACON Just don't sell it as a "dangerous" situation

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                No different than all the folks that go to Thompson temples....
                Lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I go back and forth between it being sort of pathetic to "hunt" last year's show pigs and that that fat boar probably tastes 10 times better than a big nasty long straight nosed "wild" boar.

Comment

Did they have fun? Looks like it.
                    Was it legal? Looks like it.
                    Did it cause hunters to bash other hunters? Looks like it.
                    Should they have filmed it and put it on Youtube? It's a free country but I wouldn't have.

Serious question. Do farm raised pigs grow cutters that big?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Serious question. Do farm raised pigs grow cutters that big?
                      You bet haha they get cut when they are piglets, but with a much better diet than an actual wild pig and that “dangerous” docile boar they can grow without being broken off.

Comment

I can't get over the size of his nuts! Dude.

Comment

So after reading all this the only problem I see is the outfitter producing this video with their name on it

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                            Ol boy is a horrible shot
                            I agree, as close as he was and he still hits him that far back. And the other shots are bad too.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                              Back in the day when it was legal I would catch quite a few hogs and then resell them. You cannot believe some of the things that SOME people who do guided hunts do. I knew of one guy that would have his hunters come in the night before the big hunt. Once the hunters arrived and were settled in for the night they would load up a hog, take it out to where they were going to hunt, shoot it between the front toes on both front feet with a .22, and then turn it out. As you can imagine the hog did not travel far. Another had a small pen built out in the woods. He would take his hunter out. The dogs would tear out to the pen. A worker of his was there and when he would see the dogs coming he would turn out the hog. The dogs would normally get bayed fairly quick. The hunter would kill it and think they had a real hunt.

-john
                              Friend of mine guided quail hunts. Worked the same way. Hunters never knew they were planted and everyone got limit. Went home happy hunters bragging about how good Texas quail hunting was.
                              Everybody was happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                Friend of mine guided quail hunts. Worked the same way. Hunters never knew they were planted and everyone got limit. Went home happy hunters bragging about how good Texas quail hunting was.

Everybody was happy.

If the hunters know and are ok with it that’s fine. If they thought they were killing wild birds that’s nothing short of a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X