Yeah but his buck is great looking.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Congrats....looks like fun!

Comment

Nice buck, love those brows

Comment

Thanks all. I went with Great White Holdings. They have been around for a long time and are a really nice group. I felt very welcome and they bent over backwards to accommodate us.

The good: Great guides, friendly folks, and lots of land close to the lodge was available for hunting. The accommodations were okay. The food was a B- but that was probably because I am not into Canadian dishes (stews, pot roast, etc.).

The bad: The blinds and blind chairs sucked, which made for a long day. There was one little heater that didn't really heat up the blind at all, but you could take off your gloves and heat up your hands every once and a while.

I wore a combination of Kuiu clothes and King of the Mountain wool, which kept me reasonably warm in -20 wind chill weather. Hands and feet got cold, but core stayed warm. Next time, I will wear mittens rather than gloves.

I guess you just need to set your expectations--you are not going to see a lot of deer. 3 of the 8 hunters that were there when I was there shot a deer. One hunter didn't see a mature deer the entire hunt. Many hunts you will not see a deer. And you pay the full price whether or not you shoot.

Like many of us, I hunt for the adventure and would have been almost as happy if I didn't end up shooting a buck as the total experience was memorable.

Bottom line: I highly recommend this hunt and this outfitter if you like adventure and fair chase. No baiting in Alberta.

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

he's a beast!

Comment

Those deers bodies are huge

Comment

Awesome experience! That's a bucket lister for me. Congrats on the buck.

Comment

He's a beast! Congrats!!

Comment

You had me at Alberta!!! Congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the info/write up. Good info. Congrats again on a true trophy!

Comment

So body weights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X