Another rifle stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another rifle stand

Built this one 5'x5' with a 6'8" to 6' pitch roof. A tad over $500 in materials. This is my first one to build sense all of dad's stands have lasted decades and I was lucky enough to have taken over a couple of them. This one was only built due to a family of buzzards invading and nesting in the best stand I had. Man that was a discussing site.

Looks Great..I have used those style metal attchments for legs been real happy with them...got mine off e bay

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        Looks Great..I have used those style metal attchments for legs been real happy with them...got mine off e bay
        Yep. Got mine off of e-bay as well.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Looks good!

You should consider painting your window's black, so that after the deer get used to the way it looks, it won't look different when you open one up. Stationary blinds are a lot like feeders, in that you could paint it hot pink with blue flames if you want, but after the deer get used to seeing it and feeling comfortable with it's presence, the only thing that matters is that it remains the same.

You may also look at putting wider bases under those legs, or even short concrete piers. I've seen blinds sink unevenly and fall/collapse, on wet ground with just 4x4's. Had to do the same thing to my feeder this year after all the rain.
            Last edited by HankePanky; 10-02-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
              Yep. Got mine off of e-bay as well.
              Originally posted by cva34 View Post
              Could either one of you post a link from ebay where you got them. I am going to build one next year and it is easier to convince the wife when I buy a little here and a little there instead of all at once lol!

Comment

pretty nice

Comment

Nice stand!

Comment

Working...
                  X