Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my first experience...

...with Spam.

Sliced up a small can into four patties and grilled it in butter... (because a flip flop grilled in butter would be tasty. )

Then used two slices in a grilled cheese sammich. Well SMH, I really liked it.

I don't know why I was so apprehensive about it. It's pretty good.

You must have been hungry.....real hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
      You must have been hungry.....real hungry.
      Like near starvation.

Comment

Spam is great with anything. Spam fajitas, spam sandwich, spam and eggs, spam mac and cheese

Comment

I was expecting to hate it.
          Honestly it reminds me of the country ham patty at Cracker Barrel.

I made my daughter take a taste and she admitted it tasted okay but still couldn't get past the mental issue of jellied meat in a can.

Comment

spam and egg taco

Comment

It's huge in Hawaii. They have it on the menu everywhere. Even McDonalds.

Comment

Spam experience +1/2 hour and it's already looking for an exit.... Ut oh!

Comment

I like it. Though it's only on rare occasions that I get to eat it, since my wife does the grocery shopping. She acts like it's the plague. It's a mental thing with most people that say they don't like it. Convinced they can't like meat from a can. Like anything else, if prepared right, it's tasty.

Comment

It's so popular in Korea that it is rationed at the base commissary due to some soldiers selling it to Korean locals at marked up prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just reading that caused a quiver...

Comment

Too salty for me.

Comment

Try it sliced thin and fry it till its crispy. Got my whole family eating it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Spam experience +1/2 hour and it's already looking for an exit.... Ut oh!
                            B S ......Spam or Treet and whatever Hormel calls their equivalent....they are all very much eatable. Is it as good as a ham steak??' Not by a sight,but it sure isn't bad. My family prefers Treet,by Armour ....but that is the same product. We also like Vienna sausages and potted meat. There were always cans and tubes of saltine crackers in the truck or jeep,when we were in the woods or on the water.

Comment

Fried spam samich is goood stuff

Almost as good as smoked bologna

Comment

Working...
                              X