No announcement yet.

My Cancer update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! Praying for you that the good prognosis continues!

Comment

Thankful for your recent results. After reading about your past two years of fighting Cancer and rehab I realize I have no problems. Continued prayers for full recovery. God Bless

Comment

Good news, hang in there. I had my left kidney removed due to Renal Cell Carcinoma in September, 2016. We caught mine early enough that it was totally contained in the kidney and I didn't have to have any chemo.

Comment

Very good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations and good luck. I hope your future will continue to be cancer free.

Comment

awesome news! How did you find out about it? Just back aches?

My back has been bothering me some along my spine

Comment

What a story, glad you are on the mend, thank God for that!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  awesome news! How did you find out about it? Just back aches?

My back has been bothering me some along my spine
                  I had a spot that got sore. I thought it was a disc, as I have had lower back issues for a long time. After ignoring it for about 6 months it got worse fairly quickly. I took my oldest grandson to the DSC in 2016, and by the time we left, I had very sore legs, and lower back. I had an annual with my primary doctor a couple of weeks later. Told him I guess I need to set up with my orthopaedic doc. He suggested I let him do x-rays, so we did. 20 mins after x-rays we set up an MRI. this was on a Thursday. did MRI Friday, then set up CT scan. Did that Monday, we knew by then that I had the spine tumor in my T7 vertebrae, and my left kidney was almost a complete tumor. While going home from CT, a neurosurgeon called me (PCP had set it up) and said he had an opening in his office the next day. I stumble in to his office, as since Thursday before, I barely had control of my legs. He asked how I got there and I told him I walked, but wanted a wheelchair to go back to the car with. He says, well you are part right, you are getting in a wheelchair, but you are not going home. Said if I wasn't on blood thinners he would perform surgery to day. Said he sees 1 or 2 cases exactly like mine a year, but they are usually in the ER, and the vertebrae has broken, and the patient is paralyzed, and they never get their legs back. So they wheel me down to admitting and I go to the Neural ICU. Friday I spent 5 hrs. in the cath lab occluding the blood vessels that went to the tumor, and back surgery on the next Sunday morning 5 days after admission. I stayed in the Neural ICU until the kidney came out 10 days later, then went to a regular room.

What save me most likely was the tumor was in the thoracic area, and the rib cage somewhat stabilized it.

Went in the hospital on February 2nd, came home on February 27th or 28th.

No symptoms whatsoever until it moved from my kidney to my spine. First sign of cancer, and I am into Stage 4. They said the tumor may have been in my kidney for as much as 10 years.

Hospital bill for February 2016 was $528,653.00
                  Thank god for good insurance.

My advice is don't ignore persistant pains. If I would have acted faster, I would have better legs under me now.

Comment

May God continue to bless you.

Comment

Awesome report !!!!!!!!

Comment

Man, what a journey and battle. Congrats on the clean scans!

Comment

Wow such great news! Thanks for updating us and for also giving everyone some idea as to how you found out about the cancer on your spine and kidney. So glad to hear that you are on the mend and hope to be hunting again soon. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank God. And thank God for a good wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kidney cancers are the step child of cancers and can feel like a nagging back ache for years. Mine was over 8cm but still encapsulated and had not metastasized. Passing blood was the big hint... and the baseball size tumor attached to my kidney.

Enjoy every minute of life!!!

Comment

Stay strong

Comment

Working...
                                X