Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Nice work again Hix!

I'm running 55lbs thrust. And got a Terrova. I'm trying to keep the weight down in the river jon so I can continue to carry a larger load. It's a multi-use boat. I've got another troller for duckhunting. I had gotten a Uterra once. But decided it was going to add to much weight with both the motor and one more battery. So I took it back. I do wish Minn Kota would make a 55lbs thrust Ulterra for us old men with bad backs.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Thanks,
    I entered in the big crappie of day pot at the bait shop. Maybe my 1:14.4 will hold. Most winners have been over 2# though.

It’s crazy what you can spend on trollers and graphs!

I make due with a 55# powerdrive auto pilot and a single graph. I fish off the side and run the troller from the center console when I’m solo.

It’s actually more comfortable and everything i need is right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Hix. We fished last night at my barge. 3 of us only caught 31. It was slow. Then this morning couldn't buy a bite.

I too have a new Trolling Motor and graph. I got a 72", 36 volt Terrova. A new Garmin 93SV on dash, it has everything to be had and is nice! Only had it out couple times. Still learning it. Have a Humminbird 698SI on front. Screen is very small for side imaging. I think it will work on front ok. This is on a 22' Bay Stealth. Spot lock is working great and can't wait to learn how to use the graph more.

Can't wait for the spring bite here on Belton.

Good Fishing

Comment

Canyon lake

My son and I found 22 of them in about 2 hours of fishing yesterday after basketball games and baseball practice. I love crappie!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Crappie

Originally posted by Murph View Post
          My son and I found 22 of them in about 2 hours of fishing yesterday after basketball games and baseball practice. I love crappie!!!
          They are a great fish. Fun and realtivly easy to catch, beautiful colors, and the BOMB to eat.

Great haul there. Where were y'all fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
            They are a great fish. Fun and realtivly easy to catch, beautiful colors, and the BOMB to eat.

Great haul there. Where were y'all fishing?
            Canyon Lake

Comment

Agree on the spot-loc red fin. Gonna change my game for the better. Don't have to worry about loosing any more anchors for the most part.

Nice stringer Merph! That boy is going to remember that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph View Post
                Nice job dad. Looks like it might have been a little chilly out there.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Nice job dad. Looks like it might have been a little chilly out there.
                  It got chilly towards the evening

Comment

It’s snowing here in Longview. I planned on fishing the next two days but man it’s going to be cold!
                    Bet no one volunteers to join me.

Comment

Agree on the spot-loc red fin. Gonna change my game for the better. Don't have to worry about loosing any more anchors for the most part.

Nice stringer Merph! That boy is going to remember that for a while.

Spot lock and side imaging are both game changers!! Your gonna wonder how you fished without em!![emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Spot lock and side imaging are both game changers!! Your gonna wonder how you fished without em!![emoji106]

It was nice, yesterday, not having to handle the anchor and rope.

The menu on the Helix 10, is gonna take a learning curve though

Comment

It was nice, yesterday, not having to handle the anchor and rope.

The menu on the Helix 10, is gonna take a learning curve though

Go over stuff you know what it is to get an understanding of what your looking at! Be it rock piles. Laydowns. Brush piles. You will eventually figure out what it is your looking at and go from there!! I was real comfortable with the graphs on the old boat. Not sure how long it will take me to get back in the swing of things once the new one shows up

Comment

Deadfalls and rocks/bolders, structure, and reading such, fish and bait ball ID, are no problem on the side scan. It's just get-n used to the "menu venue", what views come after what, remembering to take screen shots, ect. Already turned off the views I don't want, set depths, sensitivity, ect. Just some minor learning.

Comment

Hit Lake Halbert in Corsicana this morning and ended up with 22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Would someone be willing to show some pictures of rigs for crappie fishing? I am trying it on Lake Livingston and need all the help I can get.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X