No announcement yet.

F250 Diesel "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about the Fords, but a buddy of mine has the new Dodge Cummins. He said his diesel guy told him to run with the exhaust brake on all the time and drive it like it's stolen. Said they are designed to be worked, and people driving them as daily drivers leads to more buildup of gunk in the exhaust system. He has had no problems with his having done this. I should also qualify that statement with the fact that he is OCD about everything. With 50K+ miles on his truck, I'd be willing to bet the engine compartment is cleaner than most new trucks on the lot.

Comment

Look into a SPARTIN dpf delete kit, dont get a cheap kit do some research, I get 12 to 13 mpg, with 20000mil on the truck. Dpf delete kit will void your warranty and it dose use fuel to burn the soot out of the system.

Comment

correction....DPF (deisel particulate filter), which comes stock on all new deisels uses fuel to clean out filter...burns all soot out...but will eventually completely clog up and have to be replaced...the DPF DELETE will remove the particulate filter and fool the trucks computer...basically tellin it the filter is there and clean as a whistel...end result? it will never go into regen mode...i have looked at and tested quite a few dpf delete kits, and dr performance is one of the very best out there...using a setup similar to the DPFR...dpf delete will ONLY VOID YOUR EMMISIONS WARRANTY as drew stated....they cannot legally void your whole warranty, but if ya think about it, when you do a dpf delete what is there to have a warranty on? nothin...thats what i rigged up 10-11 trucks for one company here in odessa and the average mileage jump was from 8-12 mpg jumping to 18-22...hauling a loaded 30 foot gooseneck. and it gives you another 30-35 horses...these were all dr performance kits used...
        Originally posted by Tick View Post
        Look into a SPARTIN dpf delete kit, dont get a cheap kit do some research, I get 12 to 13 mpg, with 20000mil on the truck. Dpf delete kit will void your warranty and it dose use fuel to burn the soot out of the system.

Comment

you may not have the time but i have fought a few dealers on the dpf deletes, and THEY have not done the research proving any programmer or exhaust upgrade has caused any failures...therefore they are forced to do warranty work on the vehicle
          Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
          you have the money to stay in court and fight the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed part of the warranty act.

First hand knowledge that if you do ANY aftermarket they will attempt to point the upgrade to the failure.

I like everyone else would recommend waiting until the bumper to bumper goes out then chip it. I did that with my 6.0.

This is part of my dilema wait for the 2011 Ford Diesels or go with this crappy milage 6.4.

Comment

Anyone have a link to DR Performance kit that everyone is talking about? I couldn't find one on google other for the 6.4l.

Comment

there ya go....pm me with any questions....i am a dealer and have sold to a couple tbhers...and give a good tbh discount..

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                http://www.drperformance.com/index.asp
                there ya go....pm me with any questions....i am a dealer and have sold to a couple tbhers...and give a good tbh discount..
                From the website you listed...

"NOTE: THE DR. PERFORMANCE DPF DELETE KIT IS FOR OFF ROAD/ RACING USE ONLY! THIS KIT CANNOT BE USED ON VEHICLES DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS."

What is the price of this kit?

Comment

every single one says that....every company that has one available will tell you its not legal...some states it is some its not...only time you will have problems is in the future during an inspection...and i have not had one single customer say they have been rejected due to the kit...its a very simple install..and just as quick to remove...so if they give ya any lip, pull it off the truck, then put it on when you get your sticker. pm me for pricing...need to know where it will be shipped, and if you will pay taxes....if you claim to not have to pay taxes i will need to see proof or you will pay them....
                  Matt Moore

sorry guys slipped my mind i should have mentioned what treenap just brought up earlier.
                  Originally posted by TreeNap View Post
                  From the website you listed...

"NOTE: THE DR. PERFORMANCE DPF DELETE KIT IS FOR OFF ROAD/ RACING USE ONLY! THIS KIT CANNOT BE USED ON VEHICLES DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS."

What is the price of this kit?

Comment

Working...
                  X