This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
    Ever since going to Chester with me my son has been shooting trad also...he has an old Shakespeare recurve and he's coming along pretty good. Since Sacajawea is ambidextrous he came over and shot a little with me today and he was able to shoot her pretty good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, I just realized I am next in line.

Which caused me to read the entire thread (again for the most part).

Enjoy your time with her in East Texas, CRM95.
      I'm planning on taking her to the West Texas desert come September 1.

What a cool idea this has been.

Comment

Well I'm off today, so I've been shooting a little this morning. Shot a couple broadheads just to make sure they grouped with my field tips and they did. So, this evening I'm headed to the deer lease. I'm looking for a good spot to hang a south wind stand for deer season, but I'm taking Sacajawea with me because you never know when you may run across some pigs or rabbits!!

Comment

Must be nice living that close to your hunting ground's.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Must be nice living that close to your hunting ground's.

It is this time of year, when nobody is down there. It's nice being close during hunting season too of course, but since I'm the lease manager and I'm close every time something breaks in camp I get a phone call too. Most of the members are older folks so I feel obligated to take care of it. Everything from broken water lines to stray dogs to being out of light bulbs in the showerhouse lol. It has it's ups and downs!!

Comment

I'm that guy on many of the leases I've been on Ryan. But with my work experience and natural inclinations it was a good way to make up to the other members for me being a natural jerk as well.[emoji1] You're planting good seeds being there for the older members. May God repay you with a younger member to be that guy for you in your later years.

Comment

Time for Sacajawea to take a little stroll in the pines. Don't get your hopes up, it's a scouting trip...but I don't have any qualms with making it a hunting trip if I see any pigs or bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  Time for Sacajawea to take a little stroll in the pines. Don't get your hopes up, it's a scouting trip...but I don't have any qualms with making it a hunting trip if I see any pigs or bunnies.

Good luck... hope you scout up something to shoot

Comment

Good luck, sounds like a nice evening in store for you.

Comment

Had a great evening with Sacajawea!! Got to the lease and headed to the area where I wanted to put my new tripod. I wanted to set it up for a south wind. I found a spot that I think will work great. I'm gonna shove it back in these saplings.

And then this will be the view looking out. A couple pretty good trails converge right here.

After getting that out of the way, it was off to see what I could shoot. It was slow going because every 50 yards or so I'd have to kick 10lbs of red mud off my boots.

I slipped down to the pond, because a lot of times pigs will lay in the edge of the pond in this hot weather. Didn't find any pigs, but this is a great little place to kill a few minutes.

Then it was back to camp for a water break and to let Sacajawea rest a little bit.

Then I headed down the highline that runs along the county road. I figured I might see some pigs I could sneak up on, or at least a rabbit.

I didn't see anything to shoot, but did slip up on this little guy getting ready to cross the road into our place. We had a brief stare down and I was able to get a quick pic.

Then I cut off into the woods for a little bit itching to sling an arrow. I stumbled across an old water bottle and managed to smack it from about 15 yards.

Then I headed back to the highline in one more attempt to find something to shoot. No critters were out, so I took another break and finished off a can of snuff. Those silver lids make good targets too...

Then I headed back to camp, and heard a rustling in the woods. I crept in and this is what I found. They got a pass though, because for one thing they're hard on arrows, but mainly because I'd had a nice evening so didn't feel a need to ruin theirs. A quick pic and I was back on my way. I had a great time getting out and felt great to be in the woods with a bow in my hand!!

Oh and figured I may as well use the timer on my phone for a full draw selfie!!

Really enjoying Sacajawea!!

Comment

Comment

Sounds like a great time at the lease!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hated for Sacajawea to come to East Texas and not get to see the Davy Crockett NF...and I had an area I wanted to look at a little closer. So this evening we headed out. There was a light rain falling by the time I got there. I waited on it to pass, then we headed out. I marked the gate as a waypoint on my GPS, because these cloudy days it's easy to get turned around in the thick woods. Looked around a little and found a spot that looks promising, snapped a few pics, but the thunder was getting closer so I cut it short. I'm not a fan of lightning storms in these pines!

And of course we found a few targets along the way left behind by other people..I won't call them hunters because hunters don't leave their beer cans everywhere...but anyway, I never missed a shot today!!

I walked up on a bachelor group of bucks in this area and one was a good deer for sure. It's heavily traveled but close to the road. I'm gonna go back and follow a trail back to the backside of it and look around here pretty soon.

All in all another great afternoon in the woods!!! I'm going to start doing this at least once a week. I work out a lot anyway, so this is a good way to workout and unwind and sling some arrows at the same time.

Comment

Looks like an awesome day in the woods!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man I think I know that spot !
                                Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X