X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]326007[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      Ya we have some gussets that are yet to be welded to... And the funnel is on back order sooo.. I think i'm crawling in.
      LOL good deal on the gussets and crawling in sounds kinda,,, well sexual

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        [ATTACH]326007[/ATTACH]
        Good Lord, id be afraid a small plane would hit that thing How tall is it?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
          [ATTACH]326007[/ATTACH]
          Scotty,

How did you weld both the drums together? Any reinforcements or just weld the seams?

Comment

Mine
            Attached Files

Comment

This is how I roll
              2" tubing for the legs 9'
              1.75 for the frame 5'
              Attached Files

Comment

We put two feeders side by side. You get 110 gallons but no additional work. We use one trimmer for morning and one for evening. If you have a timer go bad u still have some corn throwing.

Comment

Wow those ladder and stand combos are sweet... I thought about something like that with a platform but I'm metal poor or I would have entertained the thought longer!

I didn't want 2 feeders though. I've done that... Just a pain having 2 batteries, 2 solar chargers, 2 timers, 2 motors... when 1 would be easier to maintain... Plus more cost efficient.

Comment

Update: boys are working hard. They are going to start painting tomorrow, after we cut the hole in the bottom, for the funnel.
                    Attached Files

Comment

im just wondering here, but would it be better to have the leg supports on the top 1/3 of the bottom barrel, so that way you dont have all of that weight on your welds?

Comment

I thought about that too... After the fact. I guess we will find out soon enough. This bad boy is painted and ready to be set up.... I even painted the inside... After it was all welded solid. Don't ask how.

Just waiting on the funnel I ordered off Ebay 20 days ago... I was wanting to set it up this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Acts 10:13 View Post
                          We put two feeders side by side. You get 110 gallons but no additional work. We use one trimmer for morning and one for evening. If you have a timer go bad u still have some corn throwing.
                          ^^^^ super idea

Comment

Looks like y'all did a fine job...

Comment

either way it should sling some kern

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                                I thought about this.. But adding a funnel to the bottom of both barrels to combine to just one feed unit...

But that makes them build a platform, and a ladder. Makes Me buy two funnels, two lids, two timers, two solar chargers, and two batteries.. Having one of everything is more cost effective.

And steel ain't cheap!

I'm having them put 9 foot legs on it and mounting the legs to the welded together barrels in the middle to distribute the weight.. Like the pic... Was just hoping somebody had some more insight on it... Kids need pictures.
                                The one pic I posted I stole from a classifieds ad here barrel is on its top in the pic...
                                i own this now, i just havnt put it out yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X