Obamacare 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obamacare 2.0

Anyone paying attention to this bill? From what I have been hearing today this thing made by the Republican House (a group of useless morons that cant accomplish anything without being horsewhipped) has more subsidies in it than Obama care did. Doesn't touch Medicaid expansion for sometime in the next decade. Enforces a worse mandate penalty than before.

What a **** show.

Once again the gutless Republicans have failed the American people
    only hope is that this is part one of a 3 phase roll out

Comment

I'm here in DC.....thought I was misunderstanding the updates from on my cell from FOX, CNN and BBC. Really odd at best.....guess there is more to come on this.[emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        I'm here in DC.....thought I was misunderstanding the updates from on my cell from FOX, CNN and BBC. Really odd at best.....guess there is more to come on this.[emoji35]

There certainly better be

Comment

They are calling it TrumpCare on all the news shows. Sounds like more of the same with a different name. Our country is in trouble.....doesn't matter which group of clowns is in charge.

Comment

They claim the initial bill was made to get trough procedure. The claim the good stuff is going to come later on. I'm curious to hear what my congressman has to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Ryan is basically saying, "Trust us. We have to pass this bill to see what will be in the next phases." He made the excuse that they can't do any better than this because of the Senate voting rules. BS. Obamacare was passed with less than 60 votes in the reconciliation process. They could completely repeal the whole thing with the same process. They just don't want to.

What a complete and utter failure. All they're doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They aren't repealing any part of Obamacare. They're just reorganizing it. Ryan said that "Phase 2" is where all the Obamacare regulations will be done away with, and he said that the HHS Secretary will cut them. But that just leaves the whole system in the hands of an unelected Washington bureaucrat, and the next time we have a Democrat in office the new unelected bureaucrat in charge will be able to put in whatever BS government regulations the Dems want.

They need to just repeal the whole thing and get the government OUT of the health insurance business. Then, instead of replacing a bad idea with another bad idea, they need to just get government out of the way and let consumers and the private sector handle it. Health insurance is expensive because health care costs are expensive. Health care costs are expensive because it is over-regulated by government, there is WAY too much defensive treatment being prescribed simply to CYA against all the ridiculous predatory trial lawyers' frivolous lawsuits, and mostly because consumers no longer have any direct negotiation or bargaining power in the payment process. Fix all of that, and costs will come down. If costs for care come down, guess what else happens? Health insurance premiums go down.

Trump calls Ryan's bill "our beautiful health care bill". #fail.

Call it TrumpCare, RyanCare, or RINOcare. Doesn't matter. It's still just another version of the same old big government controlled health care fiasco. They're fascinated with health insurance, because that's something that big government can get involved in. They're not focused on the real problem, which is the cost of actual health care - NOT health insurance. Health insurance cost is a symptom. If all you do is treat the symptoms, the sickness doesn't get healed.
              Last edited by Shane; 03-07-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Ryan is basically saying, "Trust us. We have to pass this bill to see what will be in the next phases." He made the excuse that they can't do any better than this because of the Senate voting rules. BS. Obamacare was passed with less than 60 votes in the reconciliation process. They could completely repeal the whole thing with the same process. They just don't want to.

What a complete and utter failure. All they're doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They aren't repealing any part of Obamacare. They're just reorganizing it. Ryan said that "Phase 2" is where all the Obamacare regulations will be done away with, and he said that the HHS Secretary will cut them. But that just leaves the whole system in the hands of an unelected Washington bureaucrat, and the next time we have a Democrat in office the new unelected bureaucrat in charge will be able to put in whatever BS government regulations the Dems want.

They need to just repeal the whole thing and get the government OUT of the health insurance business. Then, instead of replacing a bad idea with another bad idea, they need to just get government out of the way and let consumers and the private sector handle it. Health insurance is expensive because health care costs are expensive. Health care costs are expensive because it is over-regulated by government, there is WAY too much defensive treatment being prescribed simply to CYA against all the ridiculous predatory trial lawyers' frivolous lawsuits, and mostly because consumers no longer have any direct negotiation or bargaining power in the payment process. Fix all of that, and costs will come down. If costs for care come down, guess what else happens? Health insurance premiums go down.

Call it TrumpCare, RyanCare, or RINOcare. Doesn't matter. It's still just another version of the same old big government controlled health care fiasco. They're fascinated with health insurance, because that's something that big government can get involved in. They're not focused on the real problem, which is the cost of actual health care - NOT health insurance. Health insurance cost is a symptom. If all you do is treat the symptoms, the sickness doesn't get healed.
                All liberals hear you say is I want to take away health care from the "poor" people because I hate them.

I agree with what you say 100%. Get rid of it..period.

Comment

Anyone who was paying attention knew this is what it would be. Trump's only complaint about the ACA was the mandate, he still wanted to cover preexisting conditions (impossible without the mandate).

Ryan, is a ****. The Republicans are too scared to kill the ACA because they do not want to be held responsible for the instability that could possibly follow before anything righted itself. This is exactly what the ACA was designed to do. It was never meant to work, it was meant to end free market insurance for good. We will be a single payer system within 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    All liberals hear you say is I want to take away health care from the "poor" people because I hate them.

I agree with what you say 100%. Get rid of it..period.
                    When Obamacare was passed by the Dems, all conservatives heard them say was "We want to control all aspects of your life and take your money and give it to people that vote for us." And, yet, they went ahead and did what they wanted to do because they had the votes and the President to get it done.

Now, Republicans have all the power, and they won't use it for our benefit. I can only believe that they don't care about what is good for us. They are just as interested in big government control of everything as the Dems are. They only fight with the Dems over who gets to be in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      Anyone who was paying attention knew this is what it would be. Trump's only complaint about the ACA was the mandate, he still wanted to cover preexisting conditions (impossible without the mandate).

Ryan, is a ****. The Republicans are too scared to kill the ACA because they do not want to be held responsible for the instability that could possibly follow before anything righted itself. This is exactly what the ACA was designed to do. It was never meant to work, it was meant to end free market insurance for good. We will be a single payer system within 10 years.
                      Yep. Trump has always been in favor of government run health insurance. So has Ryan and most of the other GOP leadership. And, yet, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and others like them are the "bad guys"....

At least we continue to be entertained by politically incorrect Twitter battles with the media, I guess.

Not surprised at all.

Comment

This is a lot like building a wall without going after the employers that hire the illegals. Treating the symptom without addressing the sickness is never a good idea. But it gets ratings.

Comment

Yep. Trump has always been in favor of government run health insurance. So has Ryan and most of the other GOP leadership. And, yet, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and others like them are the "bad guys"....

At least we continue to be entertained by politically incorrect Twitter battles with the media, I guess.

Not surprised at all.
                          Not surprised either, I expected this. This was my single biggest complaint of Trump before the election. He has proven many of my doubts about him wrong and I've been gladly eating crow about a lot of things, but this is a big one.

Comment

Bingo!!! Thread can be locked. Again, like Pelosi told Americans "pass the bill to see what is in it!" Absoulutely zero difference in these nitwits when it TRULY comes to the well being of this nations citizens. ......just sad.....but oddly predictable!!!

Comment

You won't lower the cost of health care until you lower Dr insurance cost and you won't lower their insurance cost until you get rid of fraudulent claims against Dr's. Most of the fraudulent claims come from the low life's that don't have a job and we pay for them to live. Which they don't have insurance so Obama care had us pay for all there insurance. They didn't want to get rid of everything in the new policy because so many people can't take care of themselves.

The new policy does get rid of the fine if you don't have insurance and employers no longer are required to pay for employees insurance. Which may help the small business. It also keeps insurance for people with preexisting conditions which I feel is a good thing. But otherwise it's a gutless attempt at trying not to **** off the liberals, which are going to be ****** no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                              X