No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome looking place! Good luck this next season!

Comment

Thanks for letting us come along on your journey. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Comment

Congrats on a Fabulous place! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Good looking place!

Comment

good looking place! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Tuned in! looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                I'm curious to hear your opinion on why you would cull the buck in the 2nd picture. I thought about culling this buck because of his lack of height and age, but I'm curious to hear your opinion. We have the strategy of letting all of our bucks get to at least 6.5yrs unless they have less than 8pts at 4.5 years or older.

We also have lot's and lot's of turkeys.

I was comparing him to your other pics and he looks older than 4.5 to me (obviously you know your deer better than I do), but he does not have the mass or height your other younger deer do. Body looks really big for antlers to be so scraggly again compared to your other pics.

Just an opinion but I would cull the one I am talking about before the 2 you are after. Again just an opinion.
                Last edited by blntrey3; 06-04-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

awesome place! Heaven

Comment

Here are a couple trail camera pictures from the last time we were out there filling up the protein feeders (around 5/20/15):

Here is a 1.5yr old buck with some big scars, not sure how this happened:

A couple other trail cam pictures:

Comment

Here is how much rainfall we have received this year compared to 2014 and the monthly average:

Comment

Here are pictures of some native forage that was all over the ranch when we were out there on 5/22/15:

Engelmann Daisy:

Texas Kidneywood:

Bush Sunflower:

Sensitivebriar:

Spreading Sida:

Skeletonplant:

Rock Daisy & Other Forage:

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          2nd picture looks to be a fully mature 5.5+. If he isn't where you want to be in the future = wack in my opinion. He very well may be 8.5. I think he is post mature but it is hard to be certain with no history and one photo. Looks like a gorgeous piece of property. Congrats to you and your family. Looking forward to updates.

Nice droptine also!
                          I'm right there with you Tilden. I'm leaning towards post mature. Looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            I'm right there with you Tilden. I'm leaning towards post mature. Looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame.
                            x2

Comment

Is it just me or does that droptine not get you excited... It would be tough for me to pass on that droptine buck....

Comment

Looks like a piece of heaven on earth. Beautiful Place.

Comment

Working...
                                X