South Texas protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I am feeding Wendlands 20% from Jupe Mills. I was using L&E but they seem to like Jupe Mills better.
    What part of the county do you hunt I’m south of stockdale

Comment

North of Stockdale, by Caddo.

Comment

I started my protein last week of December and they hit it hard until I put out cottonseed 2nd week of January. They worked over the cottonseed pretty good up until about two weeks ago. There is a lot of winter weeds now and I believe they are concentrating on those now. Overall right now taking about 3 weeks to empty a cottonseed basket and almost the same for a #1200 protein feeder. Of course all depends on how many deer you are carrying.

Comment

I thought I knew Wilson co but never heard of caddo
          Where is it
          I’m near Denhawken it’s a heavy red dirt area

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
            I thought I knew Wilson co but never heard of caddo
            Where is it
            I’m near Denhawken it’s a heavy red dirt area

Denhawken is 10 miles from Caddo.

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

They are eating #1200 a week at my place in Duval.

Comment

Any change in the feed consumption? Starting to get after ours a little better.

Comment

They are hammering it in Zavala county at our place.

Comment

Hammering it in Llano. Emptied 1000 lbs in 4 weeks

Comment

Do any of you guys have coons in your protein? they are already hammering me. I saw a thread about Coon hoods a few months ago, seem like they should work but havent heard anything since. Do any of you guys have experience with them?

Comment

Originally posted by jltkanderson View Post
                        Do any of you guys have coons in your protein? they are already hammering me. I saw a thread about Coon hoods a few months ago, seem like they should work but havent heard anything since. Do any of you guys have experience with them?

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=coonhood
                        Darn right they work!!! I haven’t had 1 coon on camera since I started feeding protein in mid January. They quit coming around my stand location. I use to have 10 coons at once hanging from my feeder.

Comment

Just got through checking today at the ranch. Have stepped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Darn right they work!!! I haven’t had 1 coon on camera since I started feeding protein in mid January. They quit coming around my stand location. I use to have 10 coons at once hanging from my feeder.
                            Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to have to get set of my own to slow these coons down!

Comment

They are eating a little bit in Webb Count. 1000lb feeder’s down about 100 lbs in a week. We have some a pretty good amount of green stuff right now. Deer really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X