Any interest in a rove get together/swap/cookoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a rove get together/swap/cookoff

Howdy, no one here knows me but I've been around a long time. I was at Bfac in the 80's when it was off woodway. I dropped out with the move to bear creek except for a few years. I only shot in one 3d ever. I won over the compound shooters in my group and I didn't keep score. Made em mad because I just judged my shot as good or not good. They kept score.

I have some land. It's 2 hours from the big metros and 45 min from b/cs and waco. There are a few miles of trails and campgrounds down in a creek bottom and some pastureland. It will be primitive camping but water jugs can be replenished and electricity is available if necessary.

I'm willing to open the land up to a meet. It would be just a for fun rove/swap meet/cook off. I'm just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest and I'm hoping to make it yearly event much like the free trappers do if it all works out. Horses would also be welcome but bows with wheels are discouraged.

I'm not much of a typist either so I'm sure I left a lot of info off. Let me know if there is any interest in such a venture. I'd like to reiterate this would be for fun only.

Pete

Sounds pretty neat to me. As a newbie, who might be a little too wet behind the ears for bownanza, I'd certainly like to start putting faces to names and have some knowledge shared with me in person.

Comment

I shoot a bow with wheels but I’ll give you a bump. Nice gesture sir..

Comment

That sounds interesting to me.

Comment

Thanks for the offer. It’s sounds interesting. What are your thoughts and what type of activities do you plan on? More details would help.

Comment

AA, your why I want to do it. NO serious competition. Shoot and be happy.

Hyde, this is a good place to exorcise that demon.

BA, I figure Friday check in, evening socialization. Saturday set shooting rove times tba, lunch, evening pot luck. Somewhere in there a swap time. I have lots of bows that need to be shot by a new owner. That's not why I'm doing this but I do have too many vintage bows.

Please try to understand. I don't have a archery range. I mostly rove and have one cube with a backstop. This will be off the cuff but I'll do the best I can to make folks welcome.

The date is open but I think march/April is a good time. To camp down in the creek bottom you'll need to either not mind getting your truck a little scratched, have a atv of some kind or be shuttled in by me. There is plenty of firewood and benches at most camp areas.

I'f I could get a few folks to commit I'd set a weekend. Then whoever moseys in would be fine.

Comment

AA, it'd be a hike from kerrville though. I love that area.

Comment

Sounds like fun! My family would be down to go if the dates don't clash with any other event.

Comment

Id be up for that, I've a bunch of stuff that needs new owners as well. Just depends on the date as my Bride tends to fill the Calendar pretty fast. I also have a Bunch of 3D Targets to use.

Comment

Thanks for elaborating on your thoughts. It’s a great offer to allow folks to come out and enjoy a day afield upon your land. It sounds like a good time in the making. It’d certainly be up for coming out, assuming I can get off work on the specified weekend.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully it’ll come together.

Thanks again for the magnanimous offer.

Comment

I might be down for this. I need to shoot more.

Comment

Thanks for the offer. Id be game but Ive got an ankle biter due to hit the ground Aprilish. The kiddos and I will be game in the future years.

Very awesome.

Comment

Any traction?

Comment

Sounds like fun

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Let's make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X