2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    My dad saw two shooters cruising this evening. He actually missed one of them so he’s going to find a gun range in the morning and see if there’s a problem. If it’s off at all then he had to have bumped it sometime in the last week. It was shooting great 2 months ago when I last cased it.

Well hopefully I don’t have the rifle problem ha! Wouldn’t mind the mature buck problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got settled in.. A little warm.. Tad bit mosquitoes but bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        You coulda told me the other deer was Waylon’s

I was jacking with him today about him letting you kill the high brow deer and he was like... BUT...BUT!

I didn’t know you knew him good. Heck yea him and his daughter were in the stand I killed the eye guard deer the day before. He had his chance lol! His is dang nice, I would not have passed him.

Comment

Target buck slipped up while I was at work.. Go figure

Comment

Well, other than behind my house, looks like my East Texas deer hunting is shot (pun intended) for another year!! Dang Trinity has got most of my sets either under water or cut off by high water... Gettin' pretty old!! Heck, even my new place down South (Webb County) has had too much rain... Finally gave up on one of my favorite sets there and waded in and took my feeder down in mid-thigh deep water and moved it to higher ground!!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
              And skeeters are BAAAD.

Boy yer not kiddin! Dang near ate me alive in my bow stand yesterday evening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be at it in the morning [emoji120][emoji2533]

Comment

Wish it wasn't going to be so wet this weekend but I will take the cooler temps!

I'll be back at it tomorrow morning thru Friday. Then pickup my wife/daughter Friday night to try to get my wife on her first deer this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    My dad saw two shooters cruising this evening. He actually missed one of them so he’s going to find a gun range in the morning and see if there’s a problem. If it’s off at all then he had to have bumped it sometime in the last week. It was shooting great 2 months ago when I last cased it.
                    I recommend getting one of those laser boresights that's fits in your rifles chamber That way after you sight the gun in put it in and look where the dot is and then from then on you can pop it in any time and check that its stiil zeroed quick and easy

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      I recommend getting one of those laser boresights that's fits in your rifles chamber That way after you sight the gun in put it in and look where the dot is and then from then on you can pop it in any time and check that its stiil zeroed quick and easy
                      That's not a bad idea at all.

Comment

Acorns have to be souring soon lot of moisture in the ground still and more rain coming

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Acorns have to be souring soon lot of moisture in the ground still and more rain coming

My white oak varieties started rotting 2 weeks ago. The red oak and water oak/pin oak.... no they are gonna be on the ground awhile

Comment

My White oaks just started dropping last week at my place

Comment

Well my dad went to the range today and checked his gun. While it needed some minor tweaking it appears the miss was on him. He doesn't miss much but if there's any bright spot here it's that he shot at the smaller of the two bucks so the big guy is still running around and waiting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                Wish it wasn't going to be so wet this weekend but I will take the cooler temps!

I'll be back at it tomorrow morning thru Friday. Then pickup my wife/daughter Friday night to try to get my wife on her first deer this weekend.

Good luck this weekend....will be at it trying to get my kids on a buck this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X