No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man some big ones hit the ground yesterday evening! It was a slow hunt for me, just does and a nubbin. First hunt I didn't see any bucks.

Back to work for a few days then back at it Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
      East Texas is kicking *** this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I put some lead into a good one Saturday afternoon. He is actually my avatar. Post count has to go up before I can post a pic. Nice deer you posted bud!

Comment

Congrats on the great kills guy!

It was good hunting in Anderson County this weekend. Had a mature buck chasing a doe on Thursday evening and then a 2.5 8pt in a hard chase on a doe Sunday morning. My brother had some good chase action going on in Montgomery County Saturday am too.

Comment

9 does yesterday in the field and two young bucks all feeding still no chasing from my view. Sure felt like a big boy was gonna come out there for a minute.

Comment

Saw more does grouped up than ever before this weekend. Some young 1.5-2.5 yr olds bucks hanging with them. Saw 1 buck at first light nose to ground and would not stop. Anderson County.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4778.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	24559359

Had this big boy come in at dusk. Scored 120 from my limited experience. Hardin County, Saturday afternoon. .270 to the neck and he didn’t budge.

He was my target buck and my camera was down from 10/21 til Saturday, so I didn’t have any patterns for two weeks. Oh well, it all worked out and I couldn’t be happier.

Before he showed I watched a young 6 chase around a doe for about 30 minutes. Had a doe and a fawn come in before that. Seems like the rut is fast approaching.

Comment

SETXJR--
                Congratulations on a real nice buck!
                Just bein' in the right spot at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by SETXJR View Post
                  [ATTACH]932078[/ATTACH]

Had this big boy come in at dusk. Scored 120 from my limited experience. Hardin County, Saturday afternoon. .270 to the neck and he didn’t budge.

He was my target buck and my camera was down from 10/21 til Saturday, so I didn’t have any patterns for two weeks. Oh well, it all worked out and I couldn’t be happier.

Before he showed I watched a young 6 chase around a doe for about 30 minutes. Had a doe and a fawn come in before that. Seems like the rut is fast approaching.

Hey thats a great buck too.

Seems like opening weekend this year was a lot more active than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                    SETXJR--
                    Congratulations on a real nice buck!
                    Just bein' in the right spot at the right time.
                    Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Hey thats a great buck too.

Seems like opening weekend this year was a lot more active than usual.
                    Thanks gents!

Comment

Attaboy!!John congrats nice heavy deer..

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Well I know Tony killed a stud this evening but I did too so I’m gonna go ahead and post mine up now. He’s got a great rack but the most impressive thing is that he weighed 210 lbs. on the hoof. He’s the biggest bodied buck I’ve killed by at least 60 lbs.

[ATTACH]932019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]932020[/ATTACH]

Comment

They are chasing good in the last week.

Just took pics of this buck in Bullard off 69 near 344. Probably a 4 maybe 5 yr old with tons of potential. If his right side was like his left he was upper 130s maybe 140. Great mass carried all the way through his main beams.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some nice bucks guys!

No buck for me this go around, but got a nice cat Saturday and finally eliminated an old radar doe that’s ruined several bow hunts for me.

She had a gunshot through her front leg, missing a toe on her back hoof, nearly no teeth and skin and bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                            Attaboy!!John congrats nice heavy deer..
                            Thanks, Raj! I hope your season is going well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              Some nice bucks guys!

No buck for me this go around, but got a nice cat Saturday and finally eliminated an old radar doe that’s ruined several bow hunts for me.

She had a gunshot through her front leg, missing a toe on her back hoof, nearly no teeth and skin and bones.

That doe looks like a bobcat!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                That doe looks like a bobcat!

Well i said i got a cat too lol
                                Here is the old Radar doe.

Comment

Working...