Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Cow Pasture Bank in Rio Vista close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the Cow Pasture Bank in Rio Vista close?

It's been a number of years since it closed and I forgot why. Does anyone remember? My family has kind of liked the cook book they used to print.

Think I recall reading of there being another Cow Pasture bank somewhere else. Was it in China Spring or is that wrong?

Sure wish the one in Rio Vista hadn't closed. Kind of neat that at least the grass landing strip is open for use again.
    Last edited by 12 point; 07-03-2013, 01:10 PM.

There was one in Burleson as well. It was bought by Wells Fargo. I believe they gave out calendars with some pretty funny western cartoons.

Comment

My ex-wife worked there when they sold out to Wells Fargo. The gentleman that owned it I believe was setting it up to leave to his children but non of them were interested in it. He then sold it to Wells Fargo. She really enjoyed working with the original folks at Cow Pasture. That was the story she told me anyway.

Comment

Did a search and found some neat info Waggoner.

Comment

I banked there when I lived in cleburne in the 80,s and early 90,s .liked it. Been with Wells Fargo since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
            Did a search and found some neat info Waggoner.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
              There was one in Burleson as well. It was bought by Wells Fargo. I believe they gave out calendars with some pretty funny western cartoons.
              That's pretty neat, haven't seen the calendars.
              Originally posted by TKC View Post
              My ex-wife worked there when they sold out to Wells Fargo. The gentleman that owned it I believe was setting it up to leave to his children but non of them were interested in it. He then sold it to Wells Fargo. She really enjoyed working with the original folks at Cow Pasture. That was the story she told me anyway.
              Ok, that makes sense as to why Wells Fargo opened up down the road not long after the Cow Pasture Bank closed.

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
              I banked there when I lived in cleburne in the 80,s and early 90,s .liked it. Been with Wells Fargo since then.

Comment

It was bought out by another bank before Wells Fargo bought it. Norwood? Nor...something. I still have a partial box of their checks in the gun safe.

Comment

The landing strip was cool!

I still think "speed-trap" when I hear of Rye Vista!

Comment

That's no lie. Learned that after my second ticket.

Comment

Went thru there last weekend and you can bet I was cruising the speed limit for sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X