One of those days!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those days!!!!

Yep, couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with my bow. I have been traveling like crazy lately with work, but that is just an excuse. I will start bringing my bow and target when I travel. I finished up with groups at 3, 6 and 9 yards. Baby steps, I know, but today really got me hacked at myself. Sorry, just had to vent. Ha ha ha

Yea! Like nobody else has off days!!!lol Yes, it can be frustrating as all get out, that's when you need to put the bow down and chill for a while. A guy once told me never practice when your mad, tired and I forgot the third one, but really doesnt matter cause I never get past the first two!!! I would never get to shoot if I followed his advise! Deep breath,relax, and have fun with it.

Comment

It happens.... I wasn't shooting all that well today either. When this happens, I scoot back to 30-40 yards and plink for fun. By time I come back to 15-20, I'm usually settled in.

Comment

Must have been something in the air today....I had quite an "off" day also!

Bisch

Comment

When you have one of those days the best thing you can do is just blank bale shoot. It does not sound like fun, but is very helpful. After I went to the Rod Jenkins clinic I did like he said and did the 21 days of BB. I did not like it after a few days of just BB shooting. At the end I feel it has made me more consistent with my shooting. I can tell if there is a problem in my form without have to think about it. I totally relax and think of nothing while drawing now. When the time to commit to the shot happens, the back just tightens up that little bit extra and the shot goes off. If I start thinking about the shot I will let down and start over. If not the shot is a bad one and is due to poor form.

Glenn

Comment

It just happens Get back on that horse and ride him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Must have been something in the air today....I had quite an "off" day also!

Bisch
              Same here! I've been in in a pretty good groove for the last week but Weds evening it left me. Nothing felt right and I couldn't focus. After spraying them around for a while I exchanged the bow for a Budweiser and sat down in front of the television. Hopefully the mojo will return today.

Comment

Yep, I my last few arrows were nothing but blank bale shots. I realized that I was rushing the shot and plucking the string, all at the same time. Didn't know that was possible, but I sure was doing it. Thanks for the tips guys

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                  Yep, I my last few arrows were nothing but blank bale shots. I realized that I was rushing the shot and plucking the string, all at the same time. Didn't know that was possible, but I sure was doing it. Thanks for the tips guys
                  ==================
                  Hello All
                  We all have them, what every size they come in.
                  Little thing I try to use, is a blank mind and let my eye do the driving.With no flagging of my release hand . Just straight back under my ear.

Now the first part here has always been easy for me. The blank mind that is. [ Later

Comment

Working...
                  X