No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leavin this comment so I can find this later!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Thank you!

Just finished making my first ever batch of pan sausage and link sausage. Thanks to this post, it went a whole lot easier for me than I had expected. Wish I had added more fat, but over all, i'm very pleased.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

going to try it with my next pig

Comment

ok, I have about 8-10 punds doe meat from last week and want to try the jal/cheddar smoked sausage. So gonna get an exact weight to have better idea of how much pork butt to mix in. What % of deer/pork works best? And the "cure" ingredient, how much for this size batch? I'm assuming its at least a 50/50 so i may have roughly 20 lbs total. Im getting pumped for this. Always wanted to make my own. I broke my first deer down yesterday and was really pleased. Thanks

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Travis, thanks a lot for sharing your recipes. I'm looking forward to getting back into some good sausage making.

Comment

Thanks......I'm looking forward to trying some of these out.

Comment

Thanks Travis - this is awesome.

Comment

thanks this will be my 1 try. looks great.
                          by the way i cant open Flavored Sausages.xls
                          can you send it to me ?
                          thanks henry

Comment

Made 10lbs of the italian sausage last night. Used a 10lbs pork butt with no deer and it turned out great. i think the chorizo is next...

Comment

I was looking at chorizo recipes earlier today... there was a Sonora style that called for lean pork. thoughts of using venison or a mix? I do like chorizo and eggs. & chorizo with queso.

Comment

True chorizo is less seasoned and saltier in Mexico. Texas has butchered real chorizo. I use butt and venison and it ends up about 15% fat.

Gives it some texture. Most store bought chorizo Is around 35-40% fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X