Eye contact with deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    I base my opinion off of 40 years of bowhunting with never having a deer spook because I was looking at it and in that 40 years I've been in within bow range of hundreds and hundreds of deer, exotics and pigs..
    Maybe I'm just lucky..

Maybe, or maybe you were good. Even though you lack experience, I will still value your opinion.

Comment

I base my opinion off of 40 years of bowhunting with never having a deer spook because I was looking at it and in that 40 years I've been in within bow range of hundreds and hundreds of deer, exotics and pigs..
      Maybe I'm just lucky..
      Absolutely. I guess our 40+ years of doing this does not hold weight in todays hunting world!

Comment

Wait when I close my eyes I become invisible. That’s why they don’t see you

Comment

LMAO. I guess we all need to post our resume before we have an opinion now. I too have hunted over 40 years so I must be right

Ease up guys. It's opinions based on people's experience. Lots of guys who posted here think the deer have been able to see their eyes. If you don't agree that's fine, but it doesn't make those who made eye contact with the deer when it spooked wrong.

Comment

I also think it depends how pressured your deer are, if they're already spooked/hesitant before they walk out, age of deer, if the rut is going on, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
              I always slowly close my eyes to break the eye contact. Seems to work!
              or squint/ cause there is something to it..

Comment

Eye contact with deer

Idk what the correct answer is, but I avoid direct eye contact also.

Btw, those coffee cans sure are coming in handy! Thanks again!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Squint. I have watched their every move by squinting. Big eyes, looking right at them implies a predator.
                  Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-30-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Squint. I have watched their every move by squinting. Big eyes, looking right at them implies a predator.
                    Ever watched a cat of any kind stalk prey? Their eyes never leave the victim.

Comment

I never do, or try not to anyway. Kind of like the carnies at the fair, don’t make eye contact or you’re screwed.

Comment

I've never noticed that they notice me looking at them.. I think we give them to much credit..

Agreed......plus folks with green or brown eyes are camoflauged right?

I'm screwed because deer are supposed to see blue the best though....

Comment

Eye contact is fine, just don't blink! Blink and its over.

Comment

I agree and I’ll take it one step further, next time you’re in the stand and have deer in and they are acting nervous, turn your cell phone off. Literally power it down and shut it off and see if the deer don’t calm down.

Comment

If someone is staring at you some sixth sense usually tells you about it. I think deer are the same way so I don't stare directly at them and I'll avert my eyes if they look at me.

Comment

Had the Same experience, I look away now

Comment

Working...
                                X