2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
    Care to give any more details on where this buck was? Were about 4 miles north of Willow City, and just curious if you could narrow down the location.

Glad we are getting some rain in the area!

Thanks!

Jason Slocum
    East of WC a few miles on 1323

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      East of WC a few miles on 1323
      That makes me feel a little better, but you can definetly see some similar traits (width, long brow tines, and short tines overall) to some deer we’ve killed and non-similar traits (drop unfortunately).

Jason Slocum

Comment

Filled some feeders, set up a couple bow stands, and sat in the rifle blind with my camera one morning last weekend. Saw a few of the summertime regulars. I'm sure they'll disappear around September 28th.

Comment

It’s about time you showed back up Shane!! Man i love your pictures!

Comment

I went to our place in SW Llano county this past weekend. It's really dry but the rain from two weeks ago has helped and the pond is holding a little water. Deer are still hitting the feeders pretty hard. Mostly seeing young bucks right now but we spotted a group of 4 and 5 year olds on a neighbors property as we left. Promising!

Comment

I have been MIA at our place for a couple weeks. I need to get up there and fill feeders before season starts, but my weeks/weekends have almost nearly filled up already. Gonna have to find the time asap to get up there. Also have a few stand tweaks to make as well.

Comment

This is a deer named potential that's going to get one more year. Last year either he was a super healthy 3 year old or a 4 year old. The night picture is him from 2 days ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks are shedding velvet in Burnet County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I really need to get out to lease for a few last minute touch ups and camera checks. Gotta make some time with a very full schedule before season starts.

Comment

Well I made a run for a quick trip last Friday to the lease for a few things. I got most of everything lined out, except tweaking one stand set up due to the rain really firing up. Place really greened up with the rain over the last 2 weeks.

On the acorns, we have some on the ground, but I looked over a couple hundred trees all across the ranch with not many in the trees at all. Last year we had an absolute bumper crop so this might be a blessing this year. We will see how it goes.

Will be back for the opener to see whats in store. Probably some doe or blackbuck.

Comment

I snuck up there last weekend as well. Was trying to burn off some brush piles before season, got a few done but had a use a lot of diesel to do it. Was a slow steady rain for all of Saturday, but was able to get some blinds out and feeders filled Sunday.

Same as bigbad, so much greener than it was a few weeks ago. No a ton of acorns, but lots of deer activity. Was excited to see this guy on cam, hopes he is there is a few weeks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We’ve had 9” of rain this month. Blessed beyond measure!! Tanks are full and the place is extremely green. I can’t wait to check cameras again.

Comment

Getting close, but man has it really gotten green in Fredricksburg and most of the hill country. A few acorns at our lease but not too bad. Who all be in the stand this Saturday morning?

Comment

I'll be there.....fully expecting the summertime reliable pattern of bucks at the feeder every morning and evening to be out the window now though.

Comment

My tank was bone dry and is around 15 feet deep when full. It's 3ft from the top and the entire property looks like it's early spring. Super green. Unfortunately, corn piling up under the feeder with the table being restocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X