2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    Sorry for the scare! I found out after the fact the link is B.S. (thank the good Lord!). I’m right there with you on fish to catch. We will be back down home in two weeks for a week and I plan to put a hurting on the bay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What??

I been puckered since I saw that. Saltwater sent me a weather forecast text earlier and I replied about that storm. We were at a benefit with limited service and then the pouring rain. Made it home and started looking into it with nothing solid. Came back here for the link.

Talk about a relief 🤣

Comment

Winds weren't bad this evening at all, probably 10 to 12 out of the SE. Didn't find the trout like we wanted but the reds were thick! My little brother showed up and got in on the action too!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Winds weren't bad this evening at all, probably 10 to 12 out of the SE. Didn't find the trout like we wanted but the reds were thick! My little brother showed up and got in on the action too!

Comment

Hard to be mad about that! I love me some grilled redfish on the half shell.

Comment

Texas Slam +

Fished Baffin/Land Cut Saturday, all in all it was pretty tough conditions in the wind but I did manage a limit of trout along with a nice 23' flatty and a Red. Caught the Flounder before my first Red so the pressure was on to complete the slam. Ended up in Rocky Slough when we left the cut, the water was sand green to clear up next to shore, I caught a bonus Jack Cravelle up next to the rocks on a Bone Corky. Last year I caught a South Texas Slam, Trout, Red, Snook, but I don't know what you call the Texas Slam with bonus Cravelle. Whatever you call it, I feel super blessed. Most of my fish came on a Red/White DSL 1/8 oz red eye jig head.

Comment

For me personally, a Jack is a downer... This is especially true if the trout/reds are biting... After the first couple runs, that dang jack fights like you're pullin a 2X6 sideways through the water... Not fun to me, but that's just me... Only thing worse when you're surf fishing is to get into a good school of trout/reds and hang onto a shark... with your buddies next to you wearin' out the trout/reds and laughin' at you while you fight a shark (stingray is maybe even worse).

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                For me personally, a Jack is a downer... This is especially true if the trout/reds are biting... After the first couple runs, that dang jack fights like you're pullin a 2X6 sideways through the water... Not fun to me, but that's just me... Only thing worse when you're surf fishing is to get into a good school of trout/reds and hang onto a shark... with your buddies next to you wearin' out the trout/reds and laughin' at you while you fight a shark (stingray is maybe even worse).

Fair warning....Ive been known to throw small black tips in the net of the laughing peanut gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Fair warning....Ive been known to throw small black tips in the net of the laughing peanut gallery
                  Yea, and you could saw a log you can't roll too... I'm jus' sayin...

Comment

I'm the opposite. I enjoy a change-up and hanging into a big jack or shark is exciting to me. I like trout and redfish, but they aren't good eating enough to be upset if I have to spend some time battling it out with a larger, harder fighting fish.

Comment

Yea, and you could saw a log you can't roll too... I'm jus' sayin...

Comment

Here's my question, have we seen enough heavy rain in the last 24 hours that I'm gonna be dealing with a bunch of fresh water run off in Galveston Bay tomorrow? I've been looking forward to this trip for a month and hate to go in thinking it's going to be a non-productive day.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                          Here's my question, have we seen enough heavy rain in the last 24 hours that I'm gonna be dealing with a bunch of fresh water run off in Galveston Bay tomorrow? I've been looking forward to this trip for a month and hate to go in thinking it's going to be a non-productive day.
                          No, I wouldn't expect any change with what little rain we've had

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Nah...If it rained like that everyday for a week or two, it may affect it some. Y'all will be good. Looking forward to some pics!

Comment

Tomorrow should be good. Light winds should give the guide plenty of options on where to fish.

Comment

Headed out to West Matty this evening, gonna stay till Tuesday with my pops and fish a couple of days pretty hard. I'll post pics and give reports... Sunday through Tuesday, we'll probably have most of the bay to ourselves. Wind has picked up a little but not much. Calling for SE 12 to 15, with a strong tide peaking mid day. Should be an awesome trip...water temps are still holding nicely.
                                Well, how did day 2 turn out for you and your pops?

Comment

Working...
                                X