Clear All

Jason

Duplicate

Comment

Paid $54.99 to $59.99. Gotta hunt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
        I guess i dont feel too bad for paying 75$ then.
        Not terrible. Try and find Elijah Craig Barrel proof. It rubs $60 and is knock your **** in the dirt good. Heck one of my favorites is the regular Elijah Craig small batch and it’s $26!

Comment

Went blind tasting EC small batch vs. wild turkey 101

No contest 101 (as I figured)

This is really high quality bourbon under $50 .... and its $25. I’ll put it above eagle rare all day ( which is good but nowhere near great)

If you haven’t tried it or have preconceived notions it’s cheap swell. It’s cheap enough you have zero to loose

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Went blind tasting EC small batch vs. wild turkey 101

No contest 101 (as I figured)

This is really high quality bourbon under $50 .... and its $25. I’ll put it above eagle rare all day ( which is good but nowhere near great)

If you haven’t tried it or have preconceived notions it’s cheap swell. It’s cheap enough you have zero to loose
            I'll have to get a bottle to try

Have you tried the WT Long branch yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
              I come to Lubbock quite frequently to visit my mom and friends. What restaurant?
              4Golf or something like that. He will treat you right!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                I'll have to get a bottle to try

Have you tried the WT Long branch yet?
                http://breakingbourbon.com/wild-turkey-longbranch.html
                No. I’ve had rare breed several times and it’s good too. Not much difference in it vs 101 @ 2x price

Comment

Trying a couple new ones today. I’ve had a bit of Four Roses before, but this was off a buddy’s private barrel. Pretty dang tasty. Followed it up with a couple of pours of Stagg Jr.Click image for larger version

Name:	2C54C4AA-07F6-4F22-95AA-42AEBA81B64A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	24539559Click image for larger version

Name:	2FD63862-41E8-4686-B319-FF38168754B8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	24539560

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    No. I’ve had rare breed several times and it’s good too. Not much difference in it vs 101 @ 2x price
                    I need to give more turkey a try. Admittedly I always skip right over it and I don’t know why

Comment

I finally got a bottle of Rye to try. I like it. Great. So now I like bourbon, scotch, and rye.

Is that bad?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Not terrible. Try and find Elijah Craig Barrel proof. It rubs $60 and is knock your **** in the dirt good. Heck one of my favorites is the regular Elijah Craig small batch and it’s $26!
                        I havn't tried EC barrel proof but i did try the small batch the other day and it was good. Smooth and you can't beat the price for it!

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                          Jason85, I'm in Lafayette! Liquor stores are all listed in normal places. We have two local grocery stores that is kind of catch as catch can, Champagne's in the Oil Center and Rouse's on Johnston. (not their Bertrand location) The owner of Rouse's likes bourbon and the Johnston store usually has some excellent store pics, there EC Small Batch is awesome right now. Marcello's liquor has a very good selection of bourbon also, with a locked glass case for big spenders. ;-)
                          Well, now that I think of it, Rouse's and Champagnes have locked glass cases also.
                          Have fun, there should still be boiled crawfish available too.
                          Oh ok! Between you and Cajun Blake i have all the spots i need for food and liqour! I'm not a big spender but i wont pass on a hard to get bottle.

Comment

One More

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                            Oh ok! Between you and Cajun Blake i have all the spots i need for food and liqour! I'm not a big spender but i wont pass on a hard to get bottle.
                            Steve at Ambassador Wine and Spirits is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, is knowledgeable, and they have great prices. They do have a waiting list for hard to get items though so finding a hard to get bottle is rare. They do have some Rebel Yell 10 year old, I saw it yesterday :-), and had a store pic of Buffalo Trace recently. Worth a visit IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                              Steve at Ambassador Wine and Spirits is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, is knowledgeable, and they have great prices. They do have a waiting list for hard to get items though so finding a hard to get bottle is rare. They do have some Rebel Yell 10 year old, I saw it yesterday :-), and had a store pic of Buffalo Trace recently. Worth a visit IMHO.
                              Yea i know there is usually a waiting for the harder to get bottles but im hoping i will get lucky..haha. I'll stop by Wine and Spirits and see what they have. I tried Knob creek 25yr yesterday and it was GREAT! Thanks again for the info!

Comment

I really like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X