castrating an older donkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winman View Post
    After I had a vasectomy it sure didn't slow me down...and I didn't even have to cross a fence....and that was a lot of years ago...as Toby says...I'm as good once as I ever was...
    Yeah, but a vasectomy just cuts the cord. The testosterone makers are still there.

Comment

im bowtechmans bro and i asuure you your donkey will never want to run up and down your fence and wont even wink at your mares again. it will actuallly make him better to be around. and i will come do it no prob just have to find the time and a weekend that he and i are free. videoing the procedure would be hilarious and we might even have ring side seats available on a first come basis. and for door prizes two lucky onlookers will have souviners to go home with!!!!

Comment

hey stink

wish I could help, but I don't have any Rocky Mtn Oyster recipes to share with my TBH brothers

Comment

I'll come do it this weekend if u want I gotta go up to stephenville anyway just shoot me a pm if u still need it takin care of.

Comment

Y'all want a good video. Get a henderson castration tool. Looks like a locking pair of pliers that is then put in a cordless drill, clamp it on the cord and pull the trigger. Let the spinning begin.very effective on older animals,help to crimp blood vessels.

Comment

Poor guy doesnt know a bunch of guys are sitting around talking about video taping his boys being cut off., ill go ahead and side with the donkey. let him keep em

Comment

I can't believe the women on this site aren't all over this!!

I don't think chemical castration would work- he would still produce testosterone.

Comment

He is an incredible watch dog. I live at the end of a road and if anyone even drives near my land he screams. I always know someone is coming about 5 minutes before they get there. He also chased some stray dogs off one of my longhorn calves this past January.

Comment

I could introduce him to my ex-wife; she's an expert "castrationist".

Comment

well his hollerin may go up a couple of octives.

Comment

an ex-wife will not work, when they castrate they go in through the checkbook.

Comment

Castrating will help. It will take about 4 weeks after castration before all the testosterone is completely out of his system. But good luck to whoever cuts him....they fight hard...they kick the sedation out of their system fast

Comment

Tammy enjoys working on Donkeys at the clinic and on farm calls... I think you should invite her out to help.. LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                              an ex-wife will not work, when they castrate they go in through the checkbook.
                              ...ahh, yes. You are correct.

Comment

I had a donley around my mares for a few years. He was always tryin, but couldn't ever get up there. I think they finally kicked him to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X