• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post
    Stud!!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2, he is a beaut!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by La Calavera View Post
      Diesel trucks are now allowed to get permits as long as they are not modified. No flatbeds only 3/4 and 1 ton trucks either duallies or single tire as long as they have regular beds and interiors.
      Are you sure about this? I got reflected for a permit on my Ford F-250 (gross weight 7300#) back in February of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
        My friends buck from this season. This deer just appeared in January. 179 4/8. Low fence, no protein. Close to Villa Union.
        Awesome! What a stud!

Comment

He looks great Darren congrats to him again.

Comment

Originally posted by MexHunter7STW View Post
            Are you sure about this? I got reflected for a permit on my Ford F-250 (gross weight 7300#) back in February of this year.
            Yes, they just have to verify that it has not been modified. Remind me a few weeks before you come to permit your truck and I will check to see if there’s some type of memo that they have sent to us. Meat will not be a problem anymore.

Comment

Great looking bucks

Comment

Originally posted by MexHunter7STW View Post
                Ask your landowner to check with Angadi about the trucks and if they give you problems again call Angadi.

Comment

So what's the story on getting capes out of Old Mexico.. Legal or no? I'm hearing conflicting stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    So what's the story on getting capes out of Old Mexico.. Legal or no? I'm hearing conflicting stories.
                    You can bring them out. They have to be froze 48hrs. Thawed back out for inspection. If they find any tic you have to return them to Mexico yourself to dispose of it.

On the flip side. They look for every reason to reject them at all times. They rejected one on me for a scab. That they claimed was to hard to determine rather it was not a 100% a tic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                      You can bring them out. They have to be froze 48hrs. Thawed back out for inspection. If they find any tic you have to return them to Mexico yourself to dispose of it.

On the flip side. They look for every reason to reject them at all times. They rejected one on me for a scab. That they claimed was to hard to determine rather it was not a 100% a tic

And is this a USDA veterinarian doing this state side?

Comment

And is this a USDA veterinarian doing this state side?
                        No. Fish and Game normally or the person put in charge at the border if Fish and Game is not able to get there

Comment

Basically it’s not worth the headache

Comment

Better be clean if not US customs will send you back with it to Mexico.

Comment

I keep them for a taxidermist in Mexico and he tans them in Mexico then crosses them to the US and mounts them. Had a tanned hide rejected because it had a piece of a tick or flea. Made him go back to Mexico and clean it then he checked it again and let him through.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Basically it’s not worth the headache
                                It would be to me.. It makes me sick to think of all of those beautiful capes going to the gut pile..

Those giant head, black faced, big eared, huge neck capes are very hard to replace... They are just different.. They bring top dollar in the taxidermy industry.. I would tan them over there , at the ranch, and then wire brush and pressure wash them..

Comment

Working...
                                X