No announcement yet.

Nissan Titan XD Cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured Id check in, how yall liking yalls trucks? Any issues, pros/cons?

Comment

I don't have one but my co-worker bought a lifted one with the Cummins and can't wait to get rid of it. It has been in the shop 4 times for water in the floorboard but I think they finally fixed it. He told me he gets maybe 12 mpg going to the valley. I will say this he's not really a truck guy but I believe him on the 12 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie11 View Post
        Well, I decided to give the XD a try. I’ve had it about a week now and so far I really like the truck. Been driving Dodge 3/4 tons since 1998 so it’s gonna take a while to really get used to it.
        Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Looks good!
          Thanks. No issues here yet but only about 1200 miles so far.

I would expect one with a lift and bigger tires to get less fuel mileage. That’s sort of the trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Figured Id check in, how yall liking yalls trucks? Any issues, pros/cons?
            So far I really like mine. I got 22.8 mpg going to the ranch last weekend, which is the best so far. That's resetting the meter just as I got on the hwy and cruise on 78mph. I just turned 2k miles and really have not found anything that I do not care for so far. My heaviest load so far has been right at 8k on my gooseneck and it pulled fine. So far my only gripe is that the factory did not put a trailer light plug in the bed, I will be adding that soon. This truck is more of a family trip and trailer hauler for us. It does not really see much city driving. I have 2- 2017 gas Titans that the wife and I drive daily. So far we really like those trucks. Mine is a regular cab 4x4 non XD, so far its doing good. According to the computer it doing 16.4 mpg, that's city/hwy to and from work. I am not sure how accurate that is as it seems pretty dang good.

Comment

Another awesome feature mine has is you can adjust the headlight angle by turning a knob on the instrument panel if you are loaded down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Another check in, I just turned 15k miles without issue. I have pulled just north of 15k and it handles it fine, I would venture to say it holds the weight just as good as my13’ F250 did. MPGs’ at posted speeds are low 20’s. My only complaints 1- the small 26 gallon fuel tank sucks when towing long distance with heavy/wind catching loads. I resolved that by adding 37 gallon in bed tank and gravity flow into my stock fuel tank.
                #2 would be the “dead Pedal” or throttle response lag, picked up a pedal commander-best money spent right there. Lag is gone and supposedly not detectable by the computer.
                Very easy to go above the speed limit when towing. I am not saying it tows as good the big 3, but this little 5.0 is no slouch. Hopefully this is a good forecast for the future of the ruck as I really like it, very comfortable truck

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  Another check in, I just turned 15k miles without issue. I have pulled just north of 15k and it handles it fine, I would venture to say it holds the weight just as good as my13’ F250 did. MPGs’ at posted speeds are low 20’s. My only complaints 1- the small 26 gallon fuel tank sucks when towing long distance with heavy/wind catching loads. I resolved that by adding 37 gallon in bed tank and gravity flow into my stock fuel tank.
                  #2 would be the “dead Pedal” or throttle response lag, picked up a pedal commander-best money spent right there. Lag is gone and supposedly not detectable by the computer.
                  Very easy to go above the speed limit when towing. I am not saying it tows as good the big 3, but this little 5.0 is no slouch. Hopefully this is a good forecast for the future of the ruck as I really like it, very comfortable truck

explain the 'dead pedal'. I really don't need to buy a truck but these things are still catching my eye

If I could get a dealer to let me pull my boat to the lake for a weekend that would end it im sure

Comment

This is exactly my experience also. I need to upgrade the fuel tank on mine and add a pedal commander as well. Averaging 20 mpg driving to Longview 3 days a week. Pulls a 2072 Xpress boat with no problems. Can't even tell it's back there. I've got an '18 with 23K miles.

Comment

The new model Titans I hear will have the 37 gallon tank that the Titan's used to have. My last two had 37 gallon tanks and I sure miss them. I'm thinking about adding a gravity fed tank like you did brushtrooper. If you can point me to where you got yours I'll have a look.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        explain the 'dead pedal'. I really don't need to buy a truck but these things are still catching my eye

If I could get a dealer to let me pull my boat to the lake for a weekend that would end it im sure
                        Come down to El Campo and I'll let you drive mine while pulling my 24' Tran Cat SVT. That should sell you.

Comment

I've pulled a 24 ft gooseneck car hauler with 8000lbs on it with no problem with my 2017 titan xd with the cummins

Comment

Any new updates on issues yall are having? I've started looking for a new truck and this is on my list. Having a hard time dropping 50-60K on any of the big 3.

Comment

I went back to the dealer and traded my F-250 in. No real good excuses other than I wanted one and this post really pushed me over the edge . I got the SL with the factory GN hitch, brakes etc. Truck had 6 miles on it when I test drove it. Headed to SA tomorrow with my little cargo trailer to pick up some stuff from TBH'r orlybow.
                              I bought a new 2018 SV 4x4. Looks just like yours. Rims and all!

Comment

Test drove the XD yesterday. Loved it, just worried about payload and like the turning radius.

Comment

Working...
                                X