S TX Road Clearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S TX Road Clearing

Curious what everyone uses to clear back roadways where the mesquite and brush have closed in on my ranch-roads. Was thinking of hiring someone w a mulcher. Do the skid steers do a good job and are they better due to cheaper cost or should I go the route of one of the big units ? Any idea on cost per hour and how much distance they can cover on a daily basis ?

Dozer

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
      Curious what everyone uses to clear back roadways where the mesquite and brush have closed in on my ranch-roads. Was thinking of hiring someone w a mulcher. Do the skid steers do a good job and are they better due to cheaper cost or should I go the route of one of the big units ? Any idea on cost per hour and how much distance they can cover on a daily basis ?
      I would probably use a dozer to clear roads and hope to roll up/out the bud zone of the mesquites. If you just shred/mulch them all you will do is create a bunch of multi-stemmed little monsters with a ridiculous root system.

Comment

Lawson Aerator for us... We have a 12' tandem we pull with a Versatile Tractor.

An aerial view of the RanchWorx Triplex in Action land clearing in Florida

Comment

Thanks for suggestions, I want to be able to shred the sides of road in the future so not sure on Dozer or aerator unless they total clear. Seems like it would take forever w a dozer. I have Elm, and Hackberry mixed in I dont want to destroy and I figured the best route is mulching. They are expensive, a large mulcher w a 8' plus drum runs $250 Hr and can do about a mile a day I'm told.
          Wonder how much a Dozer can clear in a day ?

Comment

Skid steer with tracks with a schreder is the only way to go

Comment

If a chainsaw won’t work, this will.

Comment

I’ve got a buddy that owns/operates a mulching company. He runs the skid steer with a mulcher and will come back over his work and spray to kill everything. He also runs a dozer. If you want his number, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post

I want one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Dozer

My dad bought one this month after spending around 10k worth of dozer work the last 12 months. I think it’s a mid to late 1990’s model but for 19k we can do everything we need to on 500 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post

So Peyton how much you think you can clear in a day w that if you were only clearing 6' off the side of road ?

Comment

The mulches are awesome. I had 5 acres done in my backyard a few years ago. I have to mow it twice a year to keep it looking good.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                          So Peyton how much you think you can clear in a day w that if you were only clearing 6' off the side of road ?

Depends on the type and thickness of brush, how clean you want it, cleaning around big trees, etc.

Comment

Skid steer with mulcher is the way to go. You can get in smaller spots and be a lot more selective. You also won’t have piles of brush.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X