No announcement yet.

Lbj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love the purple trail. That's where the turkeys are most of the time.

Comment

Bob, I like 3" #6's. They seem to pattern the best for me out to about as far as I can see (15 to 20 feet!). Hope to see you this weekend.

Comment

Ken Toone is my HERO!!!!!

Dave in Denton

Comment

Toona if there are two trees at least 6 foot apart, I might be camping by ya. I wonder if I could park my truck at the dog place, walk in the woods and camp...Hmmmmm I might be closer to the turkey in the morning...LOL

Comment

Good luck to you guys out there at LBJ this weekend. I've got family in town and can't make it. Bob, Dave, Toona......hope to see ya in a couple weeks.

Mike

Comment

Mike, how was the family "get together"? Congrats!

Comment

I don't think the birds were too educated. Having said that, A duddy of mine got 3 beard sat. morning and I got one sunday around noon that had a 5-6in. beard and really nice fan. I'll be back out next weekend to get another.

Comment

I talked to an individual this weekend who would fit the description of an "educator". He was telling me how he had seen about 15 to 20 turkeys in a field while he was driving around with his wife. Then he pulls out his call and proceeds to call to the toms, from his TRUCK. THAT is how you educate birds, not being in the woods with them. Carry on!

Comment

I thought we dropped the subject. If we wish to carry on, I'll get back on the soapbox. How much rain did Decatur get? It looked really green when I passed through coming home.

Comment

Decatur got enough rain to send a few people to a motel to spend the night after they tried sitting up their tents in the pouring rain.

Speaking of educating the birds, there are two of them that don't need any more education....LOL. I think the birds are smart enough to defend themselves and calling in the woods don't educate them any more. I think most hunters tend to say birds get educated is due to them not being able to call them up, or they go the opposite direction from where they are when coming off the roost. Right now most birds I saw were with hens or going to hens out in an open field. I think birds feel safe when in the open fields as they can see better and further away, thus making for a faster exit when seeing a preditor, or me.

Comment

I don't know what the official rainfall total was. but, all the ponds we saw were very full of water and there was standing water in many low spots.

Comment

Bob, You are a Predator. Turkeys fear you. Women want you, they dig your camo pop-up.

My mouth is still sore from that stupid mouth call. All scuffed up.

Mike (Trykonshooter) said he got good at calling with the diaphram in backwards, but was scared he would suck it down his windpipe. Now THAT would be funny. Flailing around in the woods choking on your call then a gobbler would come and start jumping on you and tear your *** up. Sorry I'm just sick, the mental picture of that cracks me up. Sorry Mike.

Toona is still my hero.

Dave in Denton

Comment

My mouth is still sore from that stupid mouth call. All scuffed up.

Hmmmm are you sure it was the mouth call, your friend was out there ya know... LOL Sorry Ed I had to drag you in on this humor. But we do have fun don't we and lots of it... LOL Heck Dave you keep that sore mouth up you may end up with a truck like Toona's.... LOL Now I am ROTFLMAO and crying at the same time. Sorry guys but I just can't help it.

Yes Dave we will go hunting after Easter as long as I have at least 75% of my honey do's done. Toona when will you guys be back out? Ed did you connect Sunday, did the birds come by where you told me you and your wife saw them?

Comment

I will NOT stoop to low levels. A man can't even whine to his friends about a serious difigurement without some perverted sexual "in your window". I hope that you peed yourself again while you were laughing at me and crying.

I am taking the high road. If you notice, neither Toona nor Mike are making light of my serious ailment. This could affect my blossoming professional turkey calling contest career I am working on.

Dave in Denton

Comment

Working...
                              X