No announcement yet.

Zero Turn Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got a Bad Boy from Texas Tractor in Bastrop. Kawasaki engine, 54 inch cut, side discharge will open and close for mulching. Had Todd add the assist, which is a must if you've got a little senior in you. $4100

Comment

www.spartanmowers.com This would be my recommendation for the price range you are looking at.

Comment

We are a Gravely dealer. You are probably too far to want to deal with us but the ZT HD 52 can be had in your budget easily and is one heck of a residential unit.

Comment

if you have a bobcat (not skidsteer) dealer in the area I would check them out. lots of bang for he buck. Hasa a different pulely system to reduce power loss. and best warranty that I know of ( 6 yr unlimited hr for homowners) used it once in three years but they even gave me a new battery while the repair was being made.seeing more of them around and the dealer here said a lot of landscapers are replacing scags with these. I got the 52" xrz pro and it has been great.

Comment

Seems like after 30 posts, the answer would be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              Seems like after 30 posts, the answer would be clear.

Lol Didn’t see any asking in this price range is why I asked.

Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ive been happy with my Kubota z725 w/ 60" deck

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                  if you have a bobcat (not skidsteer) dealer in the area I would check them out. lots of bang for he buck. Hasa a different pulely system to reduce power loss. and best warranty that I know of ( 6 yr unlimited hr for homowners) used it once in three years but they even gave me a new battery while the repair was being made.seeing more of them around and the dealer here said a lot of landscapers are replacing scags with these. I got the 52" xrz pro and it has been great.
                  I'll second this, I have the exact same mower. I think I paid somewhere around 5300 for it. I called every lawn mower sales place within 60 miles told them to match specs and give me a price. Some were 2k more and no where close to warranty Bobcat offered. I would definitely give Bobcat mowers a look.

Comment

The scag turf tigers are the best mowers around. That being said I own a Ferris. If you need a mower that your guys are going to run hard everyday that you want to get the most amount of hours out of buy a turf tiger... which will run you over 10k. If you're buying a mower for yourself get a Ferris. It will last forever as long as you maintain it properly and the ride is far superior to everything else. All the other mowers listed (gravely, hustler, bad boy, ect.) are fine mowers but not in the same class as the scag and ferris.

Comment

Also the scag and ferris have velocity decks. It's a lot better for mowing grasses with long seed heads like kr bluesteam. Supposedly it bends the stalk over at an angle so the blades can cut it instead of bending it over flat and the blades missing it. I don't really understand how it works, and from my experience it doesn't work 100% of the time, but basically it means you don't have to run back and forth over the same areas to cut all the seed heads that lay flat if that makes sense.

Comment

I dont see the hype on spending an extra 3 grand for commercial
                        I bought a raptor and it cuts as good as I can imagine... and fast..
                        What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          What am I missing?
                          You would have to operate the better ones to feel the difference.
                          I have a Hustler Raptor as well. It works well, but it's not in the same class as some of the better mowers.
                          I will be upgrading next time.

Comment

What am I missing?
                            This is somewhat true....

We have a big dog (just an upgraded Hustler) that was about 5500 and a Kubota with efi and a digital dash that was almost 10k.

The seat is better on the Kubota.

The rest of it is actually not that big of a deal.

Comment

What am I missing?
                              There is a LOT more mower in the higher commercial end. The suspension seat alone is about a $700 seat on my mower. The serviceable spindles, larger flow hydraulic pumps, better motors, better cutting at faster speeds, faster speeds, better/thicker decks.......

I bought a Scag Tiger Cat II and very pleased with it. Full 3 year 1000 hour warranty. Very comfortable and VERY responsive to controls. It will turn instead of spin like smaller machines. I mow around a pond and that it HUGE! I tried my son's Bobcat hoping it would work for me, but that mower isn't even close.

Comment

44+ posts and nobody has mentioned Ex-Mark?
                                You could get the Ex-Mark Radius series for around 5K.
                                My dad went a step above and got the Ex-Mark Lazer Z series which is higher than your budget, but it is one bad machine.

We had 2 of the 54" Bad Boy mowers, both with the Kawasaki engines. The engines worked great, but the spindles dont last. Our newest mower, less than a year old, has already been in the shop. The electric deck motor has burnt out as well as the switch giving issues getting stuck and going full up or full down.

Comment

Working...
                                X