No announcement yet.

Zero Turn Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out grasshopper they might be a little more than you want to spend. Im still running my 2007 model 223 61” cut and it is an awesome mower.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I’ve got a 60” Bad Boy ZT Elite with the Kawasaki engine and it’s a pretty sweet lawn mower. They make it in a 54”. Around $5k if memory serves me.

You can the 60” zt at TS for $4999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        My Hustler Fastrac Super Duty is about 9 years old and it’s been fantastic.

If I had to buy another tomorrow I’d go straight to the Ferris and not look at anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Why straight to Ferris and nothing else? There’s legitimately 15 mower manufacturers that I would look at before purchasing...

Comment

And from my research on Kawasaki engines... they aren’t all created equal. If I was spending 5000 on a mower I’d expect at least a FS series, not the FR.

I’m more inclined to spend a few more bucks and get the Vanguard or Kawasaki FX series... just food for thought

Comment

I’m sure glad someone talked me into riding a Ferris 4 years ago. Built solid and rides like a dream.

Comment

Skag, been using one for 11 years now and no problem.

Comment

Bad boy from my nephew, Michael, at Hoffpauir in Goldthwaite. He's a country boy and will treat you right. Tell him uncle Mark said to give him a call. They have a website and also deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  You can the 60” zt at TS for $4999

But that’s with a Kohler engine. Don’t buy a mower from a box store.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                    Why straight to Ferris and nothing else? There’s legitimately 15 mower manufacturers that I would look at before purchasing...

Because I’ve been on one, and I’ve been on several others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've got a Bad Boy and Kubota and both are great but Scag Turf Tiger is about the best mower you can buy. Gravely, Ferris, Hustler, Bad Boy, Kubota, dealer John Deere, etc you can't go wrong. Lots of threads on this that say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        And from my research on Kawasaki engines... they aren’t all created equal. If I was spending 5000 on a mower I’d expect at least a FS series, not the FR.

I’m more inclined to spend a few more bucks and get the Vanguard or Kawasaki FX series... just food for thought

You don’t get the FX Kawi engine until you get up in the commercial grade units. Waaaaay over the OP’s budget he posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                          You don’t get the FX Kawi engine until you get up in the commercial grade units. Waaaaay over the OP’s budget he posted.

Badboy compact outlaw with FX is 6499. With vanguard it’s 6299. He would compromise on deck width a smidge

Comment

Just bought a used 2015 Scag tiger cat off FB with 244 hours. Has the Kawasaki FX motor. One owner from an old man. Got it for 4,500 with the 52" velocity deck. Love it.

When I mowed yards in high school, the only zero turns the company used was Scag. There's a reason 95 percent of the lawn crews run Scag. The commercial grade Hustlers are awesome too, but more expensive.

One thing to keep in mind that is almost as important as the motor is the deck. Everyone says "welded deck" well most of the junk home depot zero turns have welded decks now. The Scag velocity deck is by far the best deck out there. It cuts the best when the grass is high and wet.
                            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-07-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Whichever you decide, make sure you have a ROPS (Roll Over Protection) on it. A 1000lb+ mower will kill you, just ask The City of Pearland when they tried to go cheap on Bad Boy Mowers.

Comment

How many acres do you mow and how much time do you have to mow?

My dad and i both have Ferris IS2100 his is a 52" 25hp and mine is a 61" 28hp. He mows 5 acres once to twice a week which takes him 3.5 hrs. I mow 3.5 acres in 1.5 hours. Our Ferris cost $8100 for 52" and $8500 for 61".

I do not have the time my dad has to mow. Also make sure you get enough motor if you plan to cut higher grass.

I would highly reccomend the Ferris to anyone due to comfort alone. They do have other models below the IS2100 that will be in your price range.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X