Gearhead Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    HA HA what it looks like ?? Who cares its a tool nothing more . Do you think I care what my snap on wrench looks like ?? Or better yet I get guys that want me to build their performance harley engine with a pipe " that looks good " performance aside makes no sense .
    I disagree. I'm not going to dump a bunch of money into a bow that looks like that. When it comes to guns, bows, and rods & reels that I'm going to spend money on, I'm going to like the way they look. This isn't a wrench or a pipe.

Comment

Well I shoot a glock so I guess that is why .. And I disagree its a tool,... My Glock and AR have been used just for that,.. in service to protect myself and others . To tell anyone that its a looks deal is silly in my opinion .. Do you really think the fish cares what the reel looks like , or the game you shoot noticed the latest camo pattern ..

You care what it looks like , it has nothing to do with function . I want an item that gets the job done each and every time . If that said item is smaller lighter and easier to maneuver ad there is no down side ?? why not ..

Its a mechanical device designed to propel an arrow . that simple .
      Last edited by HDWRENCH; 01-31-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Strange looking for sure but I've been interested in the bowfishing rigs. Just want someone else to try them first.

Comment

I shot bows at the ATA show a few weeks ago. I can understand their concept, but did not feel it was next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            I shot bows at the ATA show a few weeks ago. I can understand their concept, but did not feel it was next best thing.
            I'm not sure of what their concept is ?
            A short bow with crazy string angles? Way too many pieces on that riser and pistol grip for me to even look at them.

Also, having a looooong release doesn't increase your draw length!

Hard to think that PSE, Matthews, Bowtech, Elite, Obsession, Martin, High Country, etc, etc., got it wrong for all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              In my shop my buddy bought one.. I had never gotten the chance before this . JUST blown away .

He is working to be a dealer as he went to Missouri to get his .. He brought back a booklet on the bows for me . And I spent a hour shooting it .. I really did not want to give it up.. HA HA

If your interested he has a shop in GP .. Super cool guy I am sure he would let you check it out.. He is a RV repair owner by day .. Pm me with your number I will see what he says
              pretty sure he could have one if he wanted one. He might know someone at cca

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                A short bow with crazy string angles? Way too many pieces on that riser and pistol grip for me to even look at them.

Hard to think that PSE, Matthews, Bowtech, Elite, Obsession, Martin, High Country, etc, etc., got it wrong for all these years.
                The employee said they wanted to shake up the archery community. Basically, all bows look alike. Only so many ways to cut a riser. New concepts generate new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                  The employee said they wanted to shake up the archery community. Basically, all bows look alike. Only so many ways to cut a riser. New concepts generate new ideas.
                  Sure. I work with engineers daily. I understand taking simple, proven designs and complicating the hail out of them

Comment

Sure. I work with engineers daily. I understand taking simple, proven designs and complicating the hail out of them
                    That's what engineers do!!! Just ask any shade tree mechanic that is trying to change the last spark plug at the back of the engine.

Comment

Do some research on where they bought some of their ideas from .. Owner of this company .. He decided to make this one his own .

I get it I own a 1400 + dollar bow now.. bows pistols are a " fit" thing . It may not be for everyone .. I can say that it fits me very well and I plan to buy one..

Complicated ? Explain that ?? a left or right bow thats a nice feature ..

Other companys got it wrong well some went under others kept changing.. SO Not sure how you can say that they are right and this one is wrong ??

CCA is not where I shot it and they do not sell them I live by that shop and shot all the new bows this year and nothing was jumping out at me . will keep my 17 version for the back up and the new GH for primary .
                      Last edited by HDWRENCH; 01-31-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                        Will you elaborate on the "garbage" comment? Is it a design flaw, cheap materials or something else?
                        Anybody? Any other opinions out there?

Comment

I saw one for the first time on tv today. They are ugly, but the first parallel limbed bow I saw was ugly also. Probably not buy one.

Comment

Working...
                          X