Need some Input .357 Sig Vs 9MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some Input .357 Sig Vs 9MM

in the works for a new Pistola. Looking at a Sig model P229 concealed carry in either
    .357 Cal or 9MM any one have any in put on the .357. Back in the day a .357 wheel gun was the way to go. The .357 auto don't seem to popular.

What you have to say about them

There's a big difference between .357 sig and .357 magnum. Your best off rolling your own if you go the .357 sig route, as even 10mm seems to be getting more factory ammo support. Modern 9mm does a lot better than yesteryear's but yeah .357 sig is faster. I like it, and if you like oddball rounds and can afford to/have stuff to shoot it, don't see why not.

Comment

I have the Sig P239 in .357. I don’t particularly care for the round. The ammo is harder to find and expensive. It’s a strange round that the benefits don’t seem to outweigh the drawbacks. However, I’m not a gun nut and don’t own a lot of different handguns, but that’s just my personal opinion. I now have a Glock in 9mm, and that has become my concealed carry of choice.

Comment

357 sig is a better round, but it does cost more and ammo is a lot harder to find,,,, if it's a woods a carry gun or a duty pistol,, i would pick the 357,,, if the main purpose is a concealed carry,, go 9mm and practice more

Comment

Buy a .40 in the Sig...and then get a barrel to swap out and make it a 357 sig.

Comment

With the newer 9mm +P+ stuff, there’s not a big advantage to .357 Sig, (or .40 for that matter). It penetrates barriers slightly better if you expect to deal with car doors and windshields a lot, and there is less drop at 50-100 yards, which would really only make a difference if you’re setting up a pistol with a red dot and expect it to be used for active shooter type stuff.

If I was starting from scratch, I’d prefer all my pistols to shoot 9mm just for ease of stocking ammo, but .357 Sig will still be on the shelves when everything else is gone due to panic buying.

Comment

357 Sig is a good round. Was really popular when it first came out, but the popularity seems to have faded for the most part. It still has a following but nothing like it used to be. I wouldn't pick it just because if you don't reload ammo is expensive and a little harder to find than other calibers.

Comment

If you get a Glock, buy it in 357sig and then you can buy a 9mm barrel and magazines and its like having 2 pistols. The 357Sig round is harder to shoot than the 9mm, but you get use to it.. If you dont shoot much go with the 9mm

Comment

I think Texas Dps uses the 357 sig as duty pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                    I think Texas Dps uses the 357 sig as duty pistol
                    Yessir, they did but changed to 9mm recently (I believe) would need to check with my bro. He was grandfathered in to keep the .357 Sig. bad arse round.

Comment

I bought a 357 sig. Then bought the 40 barrel.

I don't really care for either and carry the 9mm

Comment

In a full size pistol the 357sig is a great round. It is a little much in a compact or subcompact weapon

Comment

Working...
                        X