Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to you clean and cook a rattlesnake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the response guys...I think I might cook up the next bad boy I see around the camp house.

Comment

i was half kidding with my comment, but have never tought of cooking one. . .you guys are really serious!! Since i am an amateur, how do you know that you got the venum out? Is it all just at the head? How far back to you have to cut the head off? Where are their venum pockets?

Comment

the venom is all in the head. Even if you ingest some venom, you won't get sick unless you have ulsors or something like that. The stomach acid takes care of it. has anyone else ever ate rattler jerky? I had it once and it was really good, but don't have a reciepe.

Comment

better that chicken. if its big enough you can fillet the backstrap off and just fry that instead of messing with the bones.

Comment

Find a good snake....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1008 Lane & rattler.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	23877472

Cut off the head, and slit him up the belly....

Name:	DSCN1022 Snake skinning.JPG
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	23877473

Then peel off the skin.

Name:	DSCN1026 Snake skinning.JPG
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	23877474

Comment

I've had it fried before and it was alright. I just can't get over the fact that they make their living eating mice and rats. To me kinda like eating a yote or bobcat.

Comment

Everyone says it tastes like chicken but I would say more like frog legs. Still good.

Comment

Its not bad but still isnt something I prefer.

Comment

nasty! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      The lareger the snake, the easier it is to get the meat from between the rib bones. It will remind you of chicken rib meat
                      yup.

Comment

Originally posted by JMG View Post
                        Everyone says it tastes like chicken but I would say more like frog legs. Still good.
                        Agreed, not like chicken to me. I like it.

Comment

Where's trailboss when you need him. Anyone wanna take bets to if he's tried eaten snake or not?

Dang I missed his thread he's using NAPALM to cook them to nothing.

Comment

with a blow torch, 15 hand grendades, and a possible 100kilo nuclear device.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              I've had it fried before and it was alright. I just can't get over the fact that they make their living eating mice and rats. To me kinda like eating a yote or bobcat.
                              After tasting how good muskrat is, I will try just about anything. I am not going to rush out and eat a coyote, but I bet there is someone that could cook one up and make it good.

Comment

Working...
                              X