Show off your leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
    I used a buddy of mines tippman to do some sewing this past weekend. Frustration followed.
    So it was hard to use ?

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
      So it was hard to use ?
      I would not say it was hard to use. It's just easy to screw it up, lol. His particular machine at least, is tempermental. He used it a lot easier that i did because he is used to it. I'd make 3 or 4 stitches and it would mess up for me. Usually i might not make a full stroke on the handle and it would not grab the underside stitch.

Comment

I would not say it was hard to use. It's just easy to screw it up, lol. His particular machine at least, is tempermental. He used it a lot easier that i did because he is used to it. I'd make 3 or 4 stitches and it would mess up for me. Usually i might not make a full stroke on the handle and it would not grab the underside stitch.
        I'm sure it takes some getting use to.

Comment

Yep, they can be a little finicky. The stitch has to be adjusted for the thickness of the work and your right, you must make a full stroke in order to complete a stitch. It doesn't work as well for thinner projects but it's pretty handy on the thicker one's.

Comment

Couple of quivers I made a couple of years ago.

Comment

Nice work Gatorgar!

I'm thinking that the leather I'm using on the quiver I'm working on may be too thick. I think its 9-10 oz.

Comment

Jackpot!!!

Yall check out this new website!!

Leather materials and supplies for all crafters ranging from the hobby level to commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                  Yall check out this new website!!

http://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/
                  Good find, Tubby!

Comment

Originally posted by rtread View Post
                    Good find, Tubby!
                    Got it thanks to being on Tandy's email list!

Comment

I got that too Tubby. Pretty cool.

Comment

After seeing all of the really nice leather work, Im not going to show any pictures of mine. I really need to get some more leather and practice.
                        Last edited by RonO777; 07-18-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working on a arm guard/heat shield for a welder buddy of mine...

It'll have a layer of fire blanket insulation, padding and a lining with 2 straps w/ buckles...

Comment

Very nice. He'll be proud to wear that.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

All this leatherwork makes me want to pick up a new hobby! What would you guys recommend for beginners? Start kit? Tools? Projects?

Comment

Working...
                                X