No announcement yet.

8 day live hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one hurts guys. An enormous 7 came in with a busted brow. I've had 1 night, distant pic of this buck and that's it. He came slow and was spooky of the feeder. I had him broadside twice at 27 yards but didn't want to rush it and hopefully let him calm down. The 2 other bucks went to the hand corn on my right and I was praying that's what he would do. Sure enough he started that direction. I turn and get set up, but it's getting late. I wait and wait but he never comes. Next thing I see him step back out at the feeder. He's head on, and I know I'm at my last light. Well here he goes again towards hand corn. He comes out at 15 yards and I have my bow up. When he finally turns broadside I didn't think I could see enough to make an ethical shot. As it type this he's eating comfortably at 15. Dang guys. I don't want to spook him, so I may be here awhile.

Studying his horns, I'm pretty sure it's the giant 8 that I called my wife off last year because I had already burned the trophy tag. Only seen him once last year, now once this year. Sh*t this burns! Wall hanger was right there! I should have drawn on him at 27. I can make that shot all day. Just wanted him closer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I know where I will be sitting the rest of the weekend....... I am betting he will be back at that feeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Silence may mean..............Thwack!

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          Silence may mean..............Thwack!

Got too dark to shoot.... so he is watching him eat by the moonlight

Comment

Grab a snickers. You may be there a while.

Comment

Man I know that hurts. Definitely respect you for waiting on the more ethical shot just waited a little too long.

Comment

Got dang that sucks. I sure hope he comes in a tad bit sooner tomorrow. So close man. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                  Got too dark to shoot.... so he is watching him eat by the moonlight

Dang it! Hopefully he'll make a reappearance.

Comment

Man...... I hurt for ya! You still have a few days though and he's none the wiser.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Better to enjoy watching him eat corn than to take a shot you aren't 100% sure of. A lot can happen between releasing that arrow and it making impact 27 yds later. And it was last light. You made the right choice. Get back after him tomorrow!!

Comment

Wish you luck tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

Well here we go again. Rough night sleeping wise thinking about that buck. It's crazy how a buck can go unnoticed for 2 years on a place. 1 sighting of him last year and now 1 this year. Maybe he'll slip up one more time.

With this slight N wind, I'm at the primary feeder this am. Kind of wish it was the creek feeder, but don't want to risk being winded. Hope a shooter makes an appearance!

Comment

Rough start. Only 1 baby buck. My brother who showed up last night texted that he's covered up. Glad he's having a good hunt

Comment

Not a single deer here. Dang this is rough. Knowing how my season is going thus far, I bet that buck is eating comfortably under the creek feeder.

Comment

Like my bil always tells me, you think all the big bucks are on the neighbors place and they think theyre all on your place. In other words, dont worry about that feeder this hunt. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

Good luck this morning man. Hopefully the wind turns back so you can hunt the creek soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X